AHCI issues?

If you say Tech Support really fast and replace the first T with an S it's like Sex Support lolololol.

AHCI issues?

Postby TheRaven7 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 am

So this morning, I go to wake up my computer from sleep and it bluescreens with some error about kernal paging. Then, when it restarts, I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/3AHst.jpg

I open the case to check everything and find nothing out of the ordinary. It takes a couple restarts to get the message to go away and then get the Windows butterflag to go through. Is there anything I should be worrying about?
TheRaven7

Re: AHCI issues?

Postby gandalf37 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Run the western digital diagnostic tool on that drive to make sure nothing is wrong with it. It can be found on their website.
gandalf37

Postby TheRaven7 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Quick scan revealed nothing and haven't had issues all week.
TheRaven7

Postby gandalf37 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 am

Something like that really can only be caused by one of three things 1. Something wrong with the ports on the mobo. 2. Something wrong with the drives. 3. Something wrong with the SATA cables. Since you scanned the drives and nothing came up, I would lean towards the mobo. I once had intermittent problems that was seemingly with my hard drive and after several RMA's of the hd (yay WD 5 year warranty) I realized it had to be something else as there was no way I was getting defective drive after defective drive. It ended up being the SATA port my drive was plugged into (must have fried at some point) and switching to a different port solved my problems.

Idk, maybe someone else has another idea.
gandalf37

Return to Tech Support