SNES/GB Emulator on smart phone?

If you say Tech Support really fast and replace the first T with an S it's like Sex Support lolololol.

SNES/GB Emulator on smart phone?

Postby Ensabahnur » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Looking to buy a smart phone, my carrier has an LG Ally for $50 so I thought I'd look into it. I want to be able to run an SNES and GB emulator on this, is it possible? Anyone have experience with this? Do you have a different phone you'd recommend?
Ensabahnur

Re: SNES/GB Emulator on smart phone?

Postby theboogleman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 pm

I have the HTC desire running android. There's emulators for all android phones so I highly recommend buying any phone running android however if you want to game don't get a touch screen phone. It's not responsive enough or accurate. I recommend getting a touch screen with a qwerty keyboard, this is your best bet by far

Samsung Galaxy S

Android phones right now is HTC Desire vs Samsung Galaxy. From what I remember the desire had a better CPU but the galaxy had a better GPU making it superior for gaming (I saw a vid with it running quake 3 quite easily).

Samsung Galaxy S Pro

Did I mention the emulators are free? But you need to pay for them if you wanna save your game(roughly $2-5 each emulator, not rom). Bargain.
theboogleman

Postby gandalf37 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:16 pm

I just recently got a Xperia X10 and I'm pretty happy with it. I would have gotten the Galaxy S though if Rogers offered it but it is only available with Bell right now and fuck Bell.
gandalf37

Postby Ensabahnur » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Verizon doesn't offer the Galaxy (at least not yet) phones, the Ally has these specs:

All Digital, 800/1900 MHz CDMA, EVDO Rev A
Chipset: MSM7627, 600MHz
Memory: ROM 512MB, RAM 256MB

It also has a touchscreen and qwerty keyboard

Also:
http://sites.google.com/site/gamegripper/instructions
Ensabahnur

Postby Ensabahnur » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:42 pm

They do have a motrola Droid 2 though for $200. :shock:
Ensabahnur

Postby theboogleman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Yeah well so long as it's an android OS with a qwerty keyboard you're okay. You may run into problems with some SNES games but I'm not sure, do a little research on google and see.

It really depends on how much you can afford slash availability. If you can get the galaxy, if not look for the next best.
theboogleman

Postby GraveI » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 am

gandalf37 wrote:I just recently got a Xperia X10 and I'm pretty happy with it. I would have gotten the Galaxy S though if Rogers offered it but it is only available with Bell right now and fuck Bell.

Fuck rogers twice as hard as Bell, srsly.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby gandalf37 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah, Rogers just announced they are getting the Galaxy S when I was told they have no clue. They would have known that it was coming when I was getting my phone since it was only a month away. Fuck them and their mothers.
gandalf37

Postby Ensabahnur » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 pm

The higher ups would know but whoever you spoke with probably didn't have any idea. They like to keep that stuff a secret from competitors and such.
Ensabahnur

Return to Tech Support