Nameless webcam driver required.

If you say Tech Support really fast and replace the first T with an S it's like Sex Support lolololol.

Nameless webcam driver required.

Postby Rathia » Wed May 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi.

A recent system restore had me reinstall alot of the basic stuff (IE, java, quicktime, flash, so on...) and when I try to reinstall my webcam driver, my disc drive just won't read the microdisc. It'll spin briefly, then click, and do this until I pull it out. Checked the cd for scratches or smudges or cracks, nothing. The disc drive will run virtually any other cd with no issues.

Now I know drivers can be found online, but this isn't a Logitech QuickCam or anything with a name that's easy to look up.
Device Manager calls it "USB\VID_093A&PID_2460\5&36343041&0&2" and I'm just not sure if that's supposed to make any sense.
The webcam itself has no brand or title etched upon it, no serial or any printing that would be of any use.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks.
Rathia

Re: Nameless webcam driver required.

Postby gandalf37 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:16 am

If you can't even find out the makers name I'm not sure what you can do besides looking through random pictures of webcams until you see yours.

Or somehow get the files off that disc.
gandalf37

Postby Ensabahnur » Thu May 13, 2010 10:41 am

Undo your System Restore and grab the files you need.
Ensabahnur

Postby Rathia » Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, the problem is that there's actually been a few system restores since the last time I installed the webcam driver... ..I doubt I could undo that many, or could I?
Rathia

Return to Tech Support