Ok I had the weirdest thing happen to me last night:
1. Computer was idling with nothing running (not even msn) for a couple hours, walked into the room to find it had blue screened.
2. Restarted computer, windows wouldn't start, instead I got some Hard Drive configuration error message.
3. Shut off computer completely including hard switch in back. Turned it back on and got a new error message that System32/Hal.dll was missing or corrupt.
4. Tried putting in windows cd to repair, it wouldn't completely boot into the cd for some reason.
5. Now this is where it gets interesting. I put in a Western Digital hard drive testing program (I've used this before) and it didn't even see my main hard drive. It saw my second one, but my windows hard drive wasn't even on the list.
6. I opened up my case, disconnected the hard drive, replugged it back in and then everything was ok. I didn't even need to repair windows or anything.
So my question is....wtf? Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened and if I should be concerned? Thanks.