Why do I do these things?

If you say Tech Support really fast and replace the first T with an S it's like Sex Support lolololol.

Why do I do these things?

Postby Dragon_Blade » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Okay so my computer started to shut down by itself about a week ago. At first it was only after I booted it up, I'd restart it a couple times and it would proceed to work fine. Then eventually the restarts became more frequent, so I clicked the Automatically Restart option to get the Blue Screen error message. After the computer restarted a couple of times I ended up getting more than one error message. The first:

Code: Select all
Stop:0x000000D1(0xBB6FA4F6, 0x0000006, 0x00000008, 0xBB6FA4F6)

the second:

Code: Select all
 0x000000C5 (0x4AEAA20F, 0x0000002, 0x0000000B1, 0x8054AD17)

I don't know if the bracketted parts matter, but figured I'd give them to you just incase.

Now after trying to search around for answers to these errors I came across a thread somewhere that recommended I do a windows repair, which to my knowledge is something similar to reformatting without losing your shit?

This is where I start to fuck up. I did the windows repair, and now when Windows begins to do the setup after I boot the computer, the computer restarts before the Setup can even complete. It doesn't even make it to the part where it asks for my cd key for Windows XP Home.

To my understanding that would point towards a hardware issue, but before I attempted the Windows Repair, the computer worked fine in safemode. No restarts at all. Which is what pointed me in the direction of a software issue.

I've had some problems with my computer restarting in the past which I managed to fix here. Hopefully you guys can do it again, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, a friend of mine suggested it may be an issue with corrupt RAM. I've got two 1gig sticks in my computer, I tried removing each one while leaving the other in place and the computer still restarted. Could it be an issue with both sticks?
Dragon_Blade

Re: Why do I do these things?

Postby Kaz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Read this article and use the tool it talks about

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2005/0 ... crash.html
Kaz

Return to Tech Support