Integrated WinXP OS = self-reinstall?

If you say Tech Support really fast and replace the first T with an S it's like Sex Support lolololol.

Integrated WinXP OS = self-reinstall?

Postby Rathia » Wed May 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Pretty sure I picked up a virus here and my system restore points have been removed by it. I'd be looking to reformat my computer, but this one came with Windows XP integrated, no cd, all that..

If I reformat, when I start it up after the process, should the OS restore its own self? Thanks.
Rathia

Re: Integrated WinXP OS = self-reinstall?

Postby Zeuter » Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Haha, no.

Get yourself a CD from the supplier. Format means empty. Or rather, everything can be overwritten, but that's not relevant. Just get that CD.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Kaz » Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 pm

The reason they don't include CDs for that anymore is because there's nearly always a partition on the HD for that purpose. You should see something like "to access the recovery partition press F?" during bootup. If not consult the documentation that came with the computer. If you don't have any, google your model number and see what you can find out
Kaz

Postby Rathia » Thu May 07, 2009 12:53 am

Kaz wrote:If you don't have any, google your model number and see what you can find out

And where do I find out what my model number is? /fail
Rathia

Postby Kaz » Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 am

There should be a sticker somewhere. If not go to the dell or hp or whatever website and look for a computer that looks like yours
Kaz

Return to Tech Support