TOB on the source engine?

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TOB on the source engine?

Postby Cassiel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:12 pm

I want to visit CCC just for the Club-Mate.
Cassiel

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Cassiel wrote:Who guys? I think we all do different things.

I'm categorizing you with the "tech guys" because I don't know what really differentiates your guys' specialties. I know you work in securities, but I only have a very vague idea of what that work entails. Similarly, I work in psychology, but few people understand what the work in my specialty entails (even other clinical psychologists).
Turkey_Slayer

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm

I have an old book about it on my shelf, to study the methods of my mortal enemies at the time. You mean nowadays your work ain't about cracking open the skull and giving stuff a good whirl? dayum, how you gonna help all those poor peeps then. talking 'em outta it? lawl. better shoot them until they make some bloody sense. man. dude.
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Well anyway, as for what I do, I am farting. and live to tell about it. and yell at the screen until it does what I want. never does. doesn't understand. so I'm yelling louder. see, the brain solves. it just gotta be programmed right. by slamming head on keyboard.
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:24 pm

RageAgainstVoid wrote:You mean nowadays your work ain't about cracking open the skull and giving stuff a good whirl?

Sadly, no. What clinical neuropsychologists basically do is evaluate patients who have some sort of neuropathology or are suspected to have some type of dementia with a variety of tests (IQ, memory, language, visuospatial, motor, psychodiagnostic tests, etc). In the days before modern imaging techniques these tests were used to localize the brain damage (and with a high degree of sensitivity). While today's imaging techniques can specify (usually) where some type of damage has occurred, they are not capable of telling us what specific impairments that damage is causing. So basically we evaluate how that damage has impacted that person in comparison to their premorbid abilities and give recommendations on treatment or management of their current condition.

We are also tasked with differentiating between psychopathology and neuropathology. For example, someone with a history of seizures may be having psychogenic seizures rather than actual seizures. We also usually get the cases that neurologists, PCPs, and other mental health professionals cannot figure out. And that's what makes the work interesting.
Turkey_Slayer

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:03 pm

It's fascinating me often, in the combined technical approach to the psyche as both, "hardware" and "software".
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Maybe Zeut should consult you in how to make his f2p games more addictive. :mrgreen:
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Zeuter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

It's "social" elements + skinner boxes all the way. See WoW.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Previous

Return to Tides of Blood