Long Time ToB Fan - need sustenance

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

Long Time ToB Fan - need sustenance

Postby ToB_Refugee » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:35 am

Like many of you, I've been a gamer for years and years, and ToB version N (i think) was was of the best games I've ever played, hands motherfukin down. My question therefore, of all the currently available AoS games (e.g., LoL, HoN, DOTA2, etc.), which one(s) appears to be most like ToB--by which I mean very team oriented (e.g., no end game god heroes that farmed up a staff of God Cock and proceeds to rape everyone single, solo), 6 heroes instead of 5, 4 lanes instead of 3, mules instead of lazy recall spells, etc.

In other words, of these recently developed games, which is the most like ToB?

P.S. a shout out to Crappy, KewlGuy, CyberElf, and the other guys I used to ToB.
ToB_Refugee

Re: Long Time ToB Fan - need sustenance

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 pm

None of them are really ToB like, but LoL seems to be the most popular.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4054
Turkey_Slayer

Postby castnine » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:49 pm

In order i would have to say Bloodline champions, Lol then HoN and Dota 2 tie for last.

---Bloodline is more arena like but its skill based strategy (the reason most of us love
tob)

---LoL seems to take a little from both in its own way. Skill based heros can go toe to toe with carries late game when played right. Its fan base is a little WoW like nowadays but what can you do when its free and popular

--- HoN and dota 2 are very much the same as dota 1
castnine

Postby Merlin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 am

BLC is hard as fuuuck. Really fun, but ladder makes me rage because my hands can't do what the game apparently demands.
Merlin

Return to Tides of Blood