ToB Equivalent in SC2?

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

ToB Equivalent in SC2?

Postby yrmenlaf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 am

Hey, I'm just getting back into the whole AoS style of play. I love ToB (last played with N, checked out O and fell in love again) but I unfortunately I don't currently have a valid CD key for my copy of WC III.

So I'm wondering if anyone else out there has found something with similar play as ToB in SC2, as I have a valid account for that game. And I ask this because what I've sampled in SC2 is more DotA-style, "get-ganked by hero-killers because they stunlock and kill within 5 seconds" gameplay.

I dunno, maybe I've lost touch, but ToB has always been the AoS for me. Teamwork matters, damage is low enough and health is high enough that deaths take longer than a couple seconds (except boat vs. jean at level 6, but that's a special case), creep management and improvement is an important part of the strategy, etc., and overall others just can't compare. So does anyone know of anything in SC2 that's less like DotA and more like ToB?
yrmenlaf

Re: ToB Equivalent in SC2?

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 am

You see, normally there's a free market, there's demand, there's supply.

But Cass holds the market hostage and demands supply. Not supplied demand. You have 24 hours.

You better hurry, market is in a pretty bad shape. It might not make it.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Merlin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:24 am

Nope. The closest you've got is a DotA rip-off called Storm of the Imperial Sanctum, which was garbage last time I tried it.
Merlin

Postby yrmenlaf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am

Merlin wrote:Nope. The closest you've got is a DotA rip-off called Storm of the Imperial Sanctum, which was garbage last time I tried it.

Yeah...tried that one a few times. I'd...I'd rather not talk about it.
yrmenlaf

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 am

You should, pal, you should, talk to a professional, talk it off your soul, before you go to hell along with Cass; don't underestimate the lasting effects of the emotional damage inflicted on you, before it's too late. Take whatever it takes, alcohol, pills, surgery, take that before it's a gun blast to your head to make it go away.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Cassiel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm curious if anyone at Blizzard can duplicate my SC2 Shadow Strike.
Cassiel

Postby harveymudd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Deep down you know they have and are just waiting for the xpack to stuff it in the game.

To completely derail the thread, anyone know what happened to the SC2 in house moba they revealed at blizzcon (along with auir chef and starjeweled) but never got around to releasing?
harveymudd

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 pm

They went Valve on that shit.

Also Harv, log on tonight. We will rock it.
HOSK CLAN: CLAN HOSK
Deacon (AYC)

Postby busterkomo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 pm

In boredom, I joined a lame SC2 AoS (ie, a map that used DotA as it's genre or gametype or whatever that tab is called). I swear, this was part of an ability's tooltip:
"..dealing up to 150 damage or more". Seriously.
busterkomo

Return to Tides of Blood