Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Zeuter » Mon May 09, 2011 4:05 pm

(2:03:04) zeuterr: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lglxg ... o1_400.gif
(2:03:51) Doctorandus Mellifluous: that reminds me
(2:03:58) Doctorandus Mellifluous: I'm a little hungry
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
User avatar
Zeuter
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 am
Location: オランダ

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Kaz » Mon May 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Ryzzie poo plays NS2? Maybe I should start.
Kaz
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Cassiel » Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

longschlongsilver wrote:so in conclusion, game design > drama
but in these forums, drama > game design

Nah, drama was good people. We stomped many a pub together.

But really, if by drama you're referring to the N leak, ToB went into hibernation long before that due to grad school. Priorities son.

And if "the one making the big bucks like LOL" means Guinsoo, nope, he's just an Associate Game Designer.*

* Having now played some LoL, I'd say Guinsoo should actually have a more senior position. Because DotA is better than LoL. Riot's most prolific champion designer is I think Ezreal, and his stuff is full-on mediocre. The game's persistent features also need a lot of work.
User avatar
Cassiel
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Fledermaus » Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 am

Cassiel wrote:Also, Fled and I are currently messing with O in hopes we can deal with the big bugs, thus making it worthwhile to add new shit.

Well, I will be once I stop working 13-15 hour days.
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
Fledermaus
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Boolerian » Tue May 10, 2011 7:46 am

Seriously? In what mine are you stuck dude. Hope it's worth while.
User avatar
Boolerian
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:06 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby longschlongsilver » Tue May 10, 2011 9:35 am

Cassiel wrote:Nah, drama was good people. We stomped many a pub together.


pub stomps always sickened me, go push over a guy in a wheelchair while you're at it

Cassiel wrote: But really, if by drama you're referring to the N leak, ToB went into hibernation long before that due to grad school. Priorities son.


I don't think grad school accounts for a decade of being too lazy to stand up, instead you're just content to cry because sitting on your balls hurts.

Cassiel wrote: And if "the one making the big bucks like LOL" means Guinsoo, nope, he's just an Associate Game Designer.*


Make your own career, if you're really the intellect you claim to be, you'd be running the company by now. I don't even know, or care who Guinsoo is.

Cassiel wrote: Having now played some LoL, I'd say Guinsoo should actually have a more senior position. Because DotA is better than LoL. Riot's most prolific champion designer is I think Ezreal, and his stuff is full-on mediocre. The game's persistent features also need a lot of work.


If you're going to talk the talk, try walking the walk, show them why they're mediocre instead of just saying it.
longschlongsilver
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Ryzel » Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah Kaz I bought NS2 a while ago. I haven't been playing it regularly because I have no friends =(
Ryzel
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: Hakuna Matata Bitches

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue May 10, 2011 12:50 pm

longschlongsilver wrote:pub stomps always sickened me, go push over a guy in a wheelchair while you're at it.
Sounds fun, so your argumentative wheelchair will do.
longschlongsilver wrote:I don't think grad school accounts for a decade of being too lazy to stand up, instead you're just content to cry because sitting on your balls hurts.

Said the guy too lazy to stand up as co-developer, instead of crying and sitting on everyone's balls.
longschlongsilver wrote:Make your own career, if you're really the intellect you claim to be, you'd be running the company by now. I don't even know, or care who Guinsoo is.

Intellect provided, making a career in the industry is about as fun as reading you.
longschlongsilver wrote:If you're going to talk the talk, try walking the walk, show them why they're mediocre instead of just saying it.
He already did. Amidst a mapper-scene that's been talking, limping and crawling rather than walking.

Oh, I know, you are fighting the good fight, you just mean well! You think all that's lacked was giving slackers a good old-fashioned kick in the ass to get things moving, and you're the hero to do that! With talking sense into him! Tirion and Fledermaus should take example by you, maybe then version O could have been released! uh...

He's already been learning and doing half a dozen different dev-jobs for which you'd normally need specialists, that's about half a dozen things more than other mappers did, because he's the one not slacking off, keeping quality alive as is reasonable to situation.

Ooh buuuhuhuuuuuh, his life is not orchestrated to your personal needs, what a tragedy.
Not everyone here did actually work on the map, but at least did what they could to support the work. Being a bunch of fine lads is still more useful than you.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Ryzel wrote:Yeah Kaz ... I haven't been playing regularly because I have no friends =(
I'm your friend, but I just can't. Dreaming about a time we can is my drive.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby longschlongsilver » Tue May 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Tides of Blood O is a dead rotting carcass of a horse and the guy on the wheelchair beat it to death with his crutches.

There is no good fight, just good night, go to sleep TOB O, it's way past your bedtime.

Don't give the grandchildren hope, breast cancer is killing grandma green jeans jean.
longschlongsilver
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

You sound worried. You should be! He can beat to death what's his own, and then put whatever rotting carcass under your bed to scare the heck outta you when you're way past your bedtime. Watch out.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby GreenGold » Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 pm

I would like to play tob again.
GreenGold
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue May 10, 2011 6:47 pm

You're one of those who should have that fun.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby theboogleman » Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Cassiel wrote:* Having now played some LoL, I'd say Guinsoo should actually have a more senior position. Because DotA is better than LoL. Riot's most prolific champion designer is I think Ezreal, and his stuff is full-on mediocre. The game's persistent features also need a lot of work.


Grav was telling me the person who made Nidalee was the best designer by far, he then named the other chaps they designed and I agreed. Forgot who that was or the other champs, little help Grav?
theboogleman
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby I_dohknow » Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 am

I would like to play tob again too. And make people play it, if another ver or anything comes out.
I_dohknow wat to say
I_dohknow
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:36 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby longschlongsilver » Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 pm


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvfYF6mxzc&feature=player_detailpage

Behold, the ultimate metaphor to show what happens when we've had our fill of something and try to go back for more.

You'll notice he never makes it out of the store with the beer, much like we'll never see TOB O. The staggering and falling over also mirrors the work done on tides of blood like a parallel dimension. Creators, take a tip, he finally just sits down and gives up, take a lesson from a master.
longschlongsilver
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Cassiel » Sat May 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Beer sounds nice, good call.
User avatar
Cassiel
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby longschlongsilver » Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Maybe if you down as many beers as this guy you will aquire Jesus vision and be able to see all the bugs in ToB O, even crabs.
longschlongsilver
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat May 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Drunken Master Debugging.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Fledermaus » Sun May 15, 2011 1:52 am

If some people wanna get together and play/help me test a few things I want to check, that'd be cool.
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
Fledermaus
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Merlin » Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 am

You have my sword!
User avatar
Merlin
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: YUL

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Cassiel » Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Makes a lot more sense to release new versions for anyone to play. We tested plenty before the first O release and never ran into any of the crash/desync issues some people are having.
User avatar
Cassiel
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby longschlongsilver » Sun May 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Hero suggestion : Leisure Suit Larry
Spell 1: Bad One Liners = AOE fears female heroes, stuns male heroes
Spell 2: Sport Bad Polyester Suit = Increases defense against getting laid
Spell 3: Puts on gold chain = Blinds opponents with bling
Ultimate : Finally gets laid = Fires off massive sticky load slowing all heroes in AOE, causing massive damage to whoever the load hits. Also en-pregnates bitches making them fat, bitchy, hungry and have swollen ankles
longschlongsilver
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby Fledermaus » Sun May 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Does someone want to take the delicious bait and have a big cry so he can feel like the bestest troll ever, make a few more posts then leave us?
Unless you want to keep him Rav?
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
Fledermaus
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: Ultimate Reason LoL > ToB

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun May 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Unless it's you, I'm no keeper. You want him done, he's done.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
User avatar
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Ravenna

PreviousNext

Return to Tides of Blood

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron