West, whos playing whos hosting?

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

West, whos playing whos hosting?

Postby o » Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 pm

For some reason I can't log on east... at all. I can log on every other server.

There has to be people here playing west. What channel can I find a game / whos playing? Tried opening up the right ports to host but that hasn't worked.
o

Re: West, whos playing whos hosting?

Postby Ensabahnur » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

http://www.lordaeron.org/BnetDiagTool.zip

Type in "resolve *realm.battle.net" without the quotation marks. If you get many ip's, then that works.

The second test is to type this:
"connect *realm.battle.net" without the quotation marks.
Last edited by Ensabahnur on Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensabahnur

Postby o » Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm

...apparently I am IP banned. I find it hard to believe considering the fact that I just installed Warcraft III literally a few days ago and it didn't work from the beginning...

My roommate is on the same network as me... I don't think he even plays War3 so I doubt he could have gotten the IP banned. I'll have to contact Blizzard about this.
o

Postby Ensabahnur » Fri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm

They just dished out thousands of bans (a week ago?) it could have been something you did in the past..
Ensabahnur

Postby o » Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm

shit, my brother had this disc for years so I dunno what the problem could be. Are they banning based off of CD key or something, because this is a new computer in a new apartment that has never had War3 installed on it.
o

Postby nooK » Fri May 14, 2010 6:38 pm

seems i'm ip banned too. are this bans lasting forever?
never used any hack or whatever.
nooK

Postby Ensabahnur » Fri May 14, 2010 6:55 pm

We've recently banned over 320,000 Warcraft III and Diablo II accounts that were found to be violating the Battle.net Terms of Use. If this is a first offense, the CD key associated with the banned account will be suspended for 30 days, while repeat offenders will see their keys banned permanently. All account ban decisions are final.

We would like all players to remember that abuse of unintended mechanics and/or use of third party programs is a violation of the agreement made when signing on to Battle.net, and can subject your account to disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of its access to the service. These types of activities can severely impact the stability of our servers, and we'll continue to aggressively monitor Battle.net in order to protect the service and its players from the harmful effects of cheating.

Many account closures come as the direct result of tips emailed to our hacks team by legitimate Battle.net users. If you come across a hack, find a site responsible for distributing hacks, or have a replay of a newly available hack, please report this to our hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com or through our Hacks Report Form at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... =hacksform

As always, thank you for your continued support, and we'll see you on Battle.net!

Also I guess this was last month so if it was your first offense or w/e the ban should be lifted in 7 days.
Ensabahnur

Postby o » Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Just changed IP now im back on east yay.

name is mheyman if anyone wants to play
o

Postby Viikuna- » Sat May 15, 2010 4:41 am

Anyone knows any good hosting programs?

I dowloaded Strilancs Tinker Hostbot thingy, but dont really know if its any good. Havent tested it yet.
No Marlo, no game.
Viikuna-

Postby I_dohknow » Sat May 15, 2010 5:55 am

Either its ghostbot ++ or gostbot +++
I_dohknow wat to say
I_dohknow

Return to Tides of Blood