Ranking System for Tides of Blood

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you get a team together for ToB Ladder?

Yes, let's hear more.
4
20%
No, drop it this game is dead.
9
45%
No, I watched ii_agemo do fuzzy animal porn.
7
35%
 
Total votes : 20

Postby Herosbane » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:42 pm

But the real question is: who put those bones there? And why?
User avatar
Herosbane
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby CrashTestMole » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 pm

MagicCarpetRide wrote:Between rob, dun, omega and crash there is just too much ego for one internet.

You forgot boogi
User avatar
CrashTestMole
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 am
Location: Sacre bleu!

Postby harveymudd » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 pm

New players, don't listen to Dunpeal or anyone of a similar state of mind. There are plenty of people in the ToB community right now, like Monkey, Xarius, John Galt, Tiny, Crapy, etc, who are really nice and will let you play inhouse games with them. Although they might boot you if someone else signs on that has more skill or stature, just shrug it off and play the next game.

I'm not trying to insult Dunpeal, he actually does a pretty good job of that himself, I'm just telling anyone out there who wants to get back into the map that there are nice people who are willing to let you play the game and have fun, and that Dunpeal is NOT a correct representation of the community. Then again neither is Omega...
harveymudd
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Postby theboogleman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:56 am

You'll find clan RL the nicest place to start gaming if you chose to now.
theboogleman
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 am

Postby roberts91rom » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:20 am

harveymudd wrote:There are plenty of people in the ToB community right now, like Monkey, Xarius, Crapy, etc, who are really nice and will let you play inhouse games with them.


Ok harv I won't touch the rest of what you said, just what I quoted. Ofc galt and tiny include everyone when they host IHs and usually earn magic's /f m CAPSLOCKOSPAM for not kicking noobs. So I'll agree with that and not include it in the quote. But the other 3 made me lol pretty hard.

Monkey: He won't IH unless he knows and accepts everyone in the game. Case and point I think it was this weekend he absolutely refused to play because there was somebody he considered too nooby in the IH.

Xar: Obv xar is Mr. Nice Dood and we all love him but in regards to acceptance he can't host and he's 99% afk. In all honesty he doesn't even know whos in the game when the host clicks the start game button. He just brings TFT back up when the teams are picked and gets pooled as maid. >:/ Its more indifference than acceptance.

Crapy+clan tob: Can't include one without the other since they always play together. They usually fall into Xar's category of just not caring since they always play together as a team. Would you care if you had some noobs if you still win? I've also seen on multiple occasions them blame the nub for the loss. Now of course I haven't played with them recently. Maybe they've changed a habit they've always had, in the past 2 months. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I'll tell you what didn't kill them. Smoking.

Beyond this harv, I've never refused to play an IH ever, for any reason. I never tried getting anyone kicked from an IH unless one of my friends wanted in the game. I don't have anything against anyone in the ToB community at the moment except for omega. Its all e-drama and an important part of ToB.

Magic spams shift and /f m. Tiny is the self-proclaimed lord of ToB. Xar is the fake afk guy. Dun and I hate idiots who don't know their place (back in the Keym days people actually knew how good they were.) Aura is the token asian guy. Destiny is the token gurl. Galt is the documentary guy. Green is the rich white guy. Omega is the token retard. Drag is the guy who logs on just after an IH starts. Blue is the inventor of the xblue. Monkey is the melee guy. Boogie is the rep for clan tob. Crapy is the humble guy. Peg is the real afk guy. Etc. Etc. (I'm not going to do one of these for all 50-60 ToBers. :/)

The only difference between the ones that hate noobs and the ones that don't is that the ones that do usually end up getting the noobs kicked or making them leave the game anyways. Magic has it down to an art making noobs leave if they're on his team.

Between rob, dun omega and crash there is just too much ego for one internet.

#1. I don't think me nor dun have an ego problem. We've proven that we have earned the right to be condescending to idiots considering we're on the top tier in terms of current players. We know there are others better than us at certain characters but we can both play all 12 heroes within the top tier unlike some people who can only play 4. Just because you judge everyone compared to the mega pros from 1-3 years ago doesn't mean there isn't a tier system for current players.

#2. Crash never said hes good at tob as a matter of fact he said he sucks at tob. He just seems to like e-drama and crude jokes I copy+paste from other websites.

#3. Omega is the only one whos sending out the message that hes the best tob player ever. He thinks he can play everybody better than anybody. He's delusional about his skill level. Last I checked that would be considered an ego problem.

#4. Ironically this still isn't offtopic.

UMGGGCHEESEBURGERS

Discuss
Image
User avatar
roberts91rom
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Teh Internets

Postby cerberus911 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 am

theboogleman wrote:You'll find clan RL the nicest place to start gaming if you chose to now.


Alright then, I'll test this out by trying to join a couple of games this weekend.
cerberus911
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Postby CrashTestMole » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 am

I SAY, WELL SAID!
User avatar
CrashTestMole
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 am
Location: Sacre bleu!

Postby Dunpeal » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:53 am

I'd like to make a couple notes as well harvey, I don't know what made you select the people given in your example there. Most of the people you mentioned either are on my friends list, or would put me on theirs if I had room for them, with the possible exception of Galt, who tends to keep people who are actually his friends on his friends list. Whereas I tend to be pretty mean to him at times.

Sure they'll play with you, most of us would rather do that than not play at all. However, harvey, I actually get to hear the /f ms of "Oh goddammit, blankity-fuck is playing. He's terrible." I won't actually go out of my way to tell anyone how bad they are, unless they're like omega and proclaim skill they don't have. Monk, as previously mentioned will outright refuse to play with people that are not up to his par.

So go ahead and play with us, just don't expect us to be all buddy-buddy with you after the game. Oh, and you can also expect to be stuck with the heroes that are considered easy to play, so any skill you will be developing will most likely be in the use of quiz, malf or jimmy. How fun.
I take solace in the fact that I am probably sexier than thou.
Dunpeal
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 am
Location: Canadia

Postby ii_AgEmO » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:26 am

Dunpeal: However, unlike you I gave reasons for the validity of my opinion two posts up from this one, which I also mentioned

Dunpeal: I can just as easily say that those willing to learn should not be welcomed with open arms. That being the entire point of my previous post

Pretty fucking weak argument if you ask me dunpeal, let me know when you add some smarts to those statements... btw the chicken and egg analogy CAN be used in the context of not being able to have one without the other, such is the manner I used it.

So quit trying to pick the fly shit outta MY PEPPER, and swallow the crap I'm trying to feed you already!

Now make way, the self-proclaimed, jesus sponsored, best Tides of Typing Player coming is through and shitting in your pepper.


Edit: Aura: I've taken all that into consideration, and I would not have started this post if I didn't have a viable plan.
This is Kent Brockman Reporting.
ii_AgEmO
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Canada, a harsh and frozen wasteland

Postby Dunpeal » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:51 am

I try so hard to sound cool but it doesn't work.
I take solace in the fact that I am probably sexier than thou.
Dunpeal
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 am
Location: Canadia

Postby MagicCarpetRide » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 am

roberts91rom wrote:
#1. I don't think me nor dun have an ego problem. We've proven that we have earned the right to be condescending to idiots considering we're on the top tier in terms of current players. We know there are others better than us at certain characters but we can both play all 12 heroes within the top tier unlike some people who can only play 4. Just because you judge everyone compared to the mega pros from 1-3 years ago doesn't mean there isn't a tier system for current players.


I would argue that no one has the right to be condescending to anyone, especially over the internet, and even more so about tob. However I'm being rather hypocritical saying that, beacuse I act like a jackass much too often, mainly because I'm not thinking of the other person, which is probably due to the fact that I cant see them/its over the internet. Anyway next time you catch me being a jackass point it out.

Actually I can play 6, 7 if you count ash, and you cant play all 12 heroes at a tier 1 level, get over yourself. This is what I was talking about with your ego. Also I was garbage 3 years ago, I was a random pub who noone remembers, and so I cant really gauge them. I think the problem here is I just expect a lot more from being "good" because I was a big nub mabye a year ago, and I dont feel like I've improved a ton, which makes me expect a lot from people who are call themselves "good". I would say everyone is in a large average range, from tiny to dun, the difference isnt as big as you make it out to be.
MagicCarpetRide
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Postby cerberus911 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 am

Also out of curiosity, which ones do you guys consider the old elite players?
cerberus911
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Postby Dragon_Blade » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:38 pm

magic you are and always will be my inferior
User avatar
Dragon_Blade
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:45 pm
Location: Kanadium

Postby MonkEyguy6969 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:41 pm

aura is definitely not the token asian guy. I can name you 10 more who play. And omega is not the token idiot. They're just both the most outspoken in their respective categories. Also, the guy I refused to play with had played 6 games of tob in his life and ruined the game i didn't play. These recent topics with omega are a fun read though. Keep it up, guys.
MonkEyguy6969
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:50 pm

Postby harveymudd » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:08 pm

MonkEyguy6969 wrote:aura is definitely not the token asian guy. I can name you 10 more who play. And omega is not the token idiot. They're just both the most outspoken in their respective categories. Also, the guy I refused to play with had played 6 games of tob in his life and ruined the game i didn't play. These recent topics with omega are a fun read though. Keep it up, guys.


This is what I mean. People reading the forums get the wrong impression of the ToB community just because the most outspoken people tend to submit the most posts.

Just play the game and see for yourself. To all the old schoolers who used to play, A LOT has changed. Now, everyone carries around WoN's, tower dropping is practically non-existent, and lots of people play with low latencies due to the incredible jump in cheap fast broadband, which in turn enables more bindu dodging, wind dodging, JRH dodging, etc, etc.
harveymudd
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Postby Mengde » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:12 pm

It's like how Poland had the best damn infantry in the entire world, and they would have pwnt any other infantry, and Germany was like loltanks.
I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame; it doesn't mean I don't desire
To point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
User avatar
Mengde
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Pimping Lair. Status: Super cereal.

Postby harveymudd » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Lol Meng.

It actually saddens me to see ToB in the state it is in right now. It's like the Ottoman Empire, slowly fading away into obscurity. ToB was the best damn custom map to be released for Wc3, bar none. Perhaps it was by accident, or perhaps it was on purpose, but the strategies and tactics that were created, the team work and camaraderie, all of it was a unique experience.

I keep thinking of Rocky and the phrase, "you could of been a contender!" Now, we have DoTA. When you look at in comparison to Tides of Blood, you can see how poor the code is, how most of the shit in the game is half-assed and uninspired. It's no wonder that the strategies in the game have stayed the same for such a long a time. You last hit, you work on your map control, you gank in the forest, nothing new.

Then you take a look at Tides of Blood and it's like a breath of fresh air. The strategies differ between games. Even though 99 percent of the time the same heroes or chosen I've seen little things sway the battle in favor of the UD or Allies.

Maybe the Allies got a real early level advantage and did an early push on the top expo. All of a sudden you have a different game from the last match when the levels where even and both teams had time to set up their zepplin system.

Maybe the Undead got a Mask of Truth on the warden. All of a sudden the Allies have trouble invis-ganking and must rethink their strategies.

SH setting up mines in the perfect area? Birds and a MoT on inq will take care of that

A perfect Wind/TGP on Jimmy who just ate Cow and has no more AMS pots? A well timed BBV from the SH will take care of that.

There's so many little unique things that make ToB exciting and different. You say that DoTA is always different because the hero lineup changes so much.

Well, there's only so many ways you slap a new graphic on a disable and call it a day. There's only so many ways you can be entertained by high dps heroes accomplishing their same objective by getting the same three items. It's just not as exciting.

We have to stop blaming Tides of Blood for being too consumable heavy. Just go with it. Do as the romans do. Buy the consumables yourself! Eventually you will realize how important the team economy becomes as you buy more and more HP pots, ams pots, wons, zepps, workers, mana pots, pool for blink daggers, and frosties.

Just play the game again! I would love for all the people who used to play in the past to return to ToB and give it another shot. Not as a competition, or an e-peen contest. Not as a proving ground or a way to establish yourself as the GOD OF GAMES. But as a way to have fun.

Start playing again! Just give it another shot. Who cares if you suck, who cares if your good, who cares if you can wind dodge or not. Stop calling it Tides of Consumables and just check your egos at the door. Give the best game in custom map history another try.
harveymudd
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Postby CrashTestMole » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Start playing again! Just give it another shot. Who cares if you suck, who cares if your good, who cares if you can wind dodge or not. Stop calling it Tides of Consumables and just check your egos at the door. Give the best game in custom map history another try.


We need to ask how much it would cost (materially & mentally) for us to put up a ranking system for tides of blood.
If it didnt cost too much, if not only abit of all the "good" people in this community, why cant we just give it a try? I would log on to try and help. But "what failed 3 years ago" or whatever, hello, this is not 2005. This is 2008.
Stop living in tommorow. We do need to give some of omega's ideas that have failed in the past atleast a little bit of concent. Without omega's input, because omega, your a fag.
User avatar
CrashTestMole
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 am
Location: Sacre bleu!

Postby theboogleman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:28 pm

-100 ranking points for all. The official top 10 will be put up soon.
theboogleman
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 am

lol

Postby ii_AgEmO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 am

Now that's what I'm talkin bout Harverymudd, finally another "true" realist who plays with fantasy.

I've wanted to try an inhouse pory for quite some time, to be honest before I started playing again about 5-6 months ago I don't think I ever played an inhouse.

The idea is the whole team has control, and not just pory use his bugs to push and slow down allied leveling, but have your allies use them too, sending bugs to every fucking lane on a continuous basis..... with something like rat top, pory/ward top mid, scion/jim bot mid, and sh bottom.

Posts like yours harvey actually put me in the mood to work on the ladder system.

my plan on a basic level would be very much about statistics, % of games played with a certain team, % of wins with that team, % of hero's played in all games etc...... kinda like wc3 melee stats just with a different twist

and just to have the option, I would say a limit of changing teams like once a week or something, there's other things but I'll post the full system when I fine tune it, then you guys can pick it apart and use what you like.
This is Kent Brockman Reporting.
ii_AgEmO
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Canada, a harsh and frozen wasteland

Postby CrashTestMole » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:08 am

Image
User avatar
CrashTestMole
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 am
Location: Sacre bleu!

lol

Postby ii_AgEmO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am

the first and the last part, also i'm a little hazy on the middle too, could you clarify?
This is Kent Brockman Reporting.
ii_AgEmO
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Canada, a harsh and frozen wasteland

Re: lol

Postby 2happy4u » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:56 am

[quote="ii_AgEmO"]..... with something like rat top, pory/ward top mid, scion/jim bot mid, and sh bottom.quote]

Bah what use is the dr, she only shuts down the maiden and stops her from going on a massive unstoppable rampage...BAH!
2happy4u: dude what's with the need to hate on crash?
Not_Dragonblade: Because he is a fucking moron
2happy4u: im sure you've met much dumber people
omega_ii has joined the game.
2happy4u
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Canada!

lol

Postby ii_AgEmO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Well with Rat top, he can stop her with boat, sh's bombs and wards stop her bottom, so it would just be push wars in the middle against pory who can keep up to her pretty well, especially if you're sneaky about sending ur bugs over to scion he can vent her for some bomb action, plus when it comes to siege and defense, pory > dr
This is Kent Brockman Reporting.
ii_AgEmO
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Canada, a harsh and frozen wasteland

Postby Dunpeal » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:49 pm

You have got to be kidding me.
I take solace in the fact that I am probably sexier than thou.
Dunpeal
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 am
Location: Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Tides of Blood

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron