Adding the Tree Attack Ability

For discussions regarding skinning and mapmaking for Warcraft 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Adding the Tree Attack Ability

Postby Boolerian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:45 am

What I want is, that when a hero obtains an item, he can attack trees.
This would then be used to charge the item by obtaining the number of trees destroyed.

Any way to add/remove the tree attack ability?
Boolerian

Re: Adding the Tree Attack Ability

Postby Cassiel » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Do you mean the Eat Tree ability? If you had two of the item, one with Eat Tree and the other with whatever it does charged, and exchanged them after charging/use, that would make more sense in terms of UI.
Cassiel

Re: Adding the Tree Attack Ability

Postby Boolerian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Yes, eventually I've added the Eat Tree ability.
The idea is this, you use the eat tree ability to eat the tree (take it's life energies, if that sounds better) and then you use the item on yourself to cast the ability restoring your health, resulting in the lose of 1 charge.
To do this I've added two abilities to the idem, and I detect which one of them is used so the proper effects happen. Abilities share the cooldown and order id, so this works well.

What kinda bothers me is that once the item has no more charges, it can't be used, and the icon doesn't show the charges indicator (bottom right part of the icon). So, I need to keep the item at 1 charges at all time.
Basically, you need 1 charge to chop a tree, and minimum 2 charges to heal your hero.
I can't think of a way to make this better.
Boolerian

Return to Custom Mapmaking