Tracking multiple values of the same "type" as well as buffs

For discussions regarding skinning and mapmaking for Warcraft 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Tracking multiple values of the same "type" as well as buffs

Postby Drain_Pipe » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Mk, So I was wondering how you would set up to be able to apply attach any type of value to a unit (ie triggered attack damage bonus) and be able to store that value amongst other values of the same type (ie multiple different attack modifying values). Ie I want to trigger stackable dynamic and static buff effects, but I want to store each portion as it's own piece of data, because when buffs end and such, i don't want to be removing more than what I put.

So, for instance, I have 3 buffs, 1 stock attack boost, one stock attack reduction, and another attack % boost. Now each boost is dependent upon the hero's stats at the time of casting the buff, so I want to hold onto each effect separately. So my question is, how would I do this in a system so that i could support this kind of thing on any unit?

same type of things goes for a buff system: I want to be able to place buffs for a set period of time, be able to modify their duration on the fly, and allow them to interact with other buffs in any way I want.
-Drain Pipe Out-
Drain_Pipe

Re: Tracking multiple values of the same "type" as well as buffs

Postby Cassiel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 pm

This for making the changes, and something like ABuff or just attaching data to the buff timer for keeping track of the separate bonuses.
Cassiel

Postby Drain_Pipe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 pm

0.0 ...... Looks fun, though I still don't understand most of the code... Guess I'll have to read more tutorials...
-Drain Pipe Out-
Drain_Pipe

Postby Drain_Pipe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 pm

Mk i just played around with the testmap but a lot of the stuff that was monitored were ability bonuses. Plus I don't know if it was intended but setting the agility bonus on that testmap also altered strength and intelligence bonuses as well for some reason.

I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to have such a system for if I wanted to, say, create a stamina store on each unit, or monitor unit accuracy. Btw, i'm not sure how the evasion works either, I was going to trigger my evasion...
-Drain Pipe Out-
Drain_Pipe

Return to Custom Mapmaking