AoS Test Map?

For discussions regarding skinning and mapmaking for Warcraft 3.

Moderator: Moderators

AoS Test Map?

Postby Mattamatics » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:00 am

I searched through the forum and couldn't find anything, so I figured I'd pose my questions to the community.

Does anyone have a link to a good AoS test map? I used to have one, but I lost it along with all my other maps when I uninstalled wc3 after graduating from college.

I was also looking for a JASS tutorial, but I'll go google that if I can't find it here, haven't looked yet.
Mattamatics

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:52 am

An AoS test map? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Are you speaking of a map that has the terrain laid out and has the unit spawn triggers already done for you?
Turkey_Slayer

Postby Bunnylove » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 am

I used to have an excellent aos test map actually quite a bit better than a lot of the regular AoS games that have been distributed over the years. The kid who made it was quite talented, but just too uninterested in wc3 to really do anything with it. Anyway, i should still have it backed up somewhere on another hard drive. Unfortunately i don't have access to that system at the moment. I will let you know if i can find it again.

I am assuming that you are looking for an aos style map for testing heroes, & triggers etc? Thats what this one was designed for.
Bunnylove

Postby Mattamatics » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06 am

Turkey_Slayer wrote:An AoS test map? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Are you speaking of a map that has the terrain laid out and has the unit spawn triggers already done for you?

Yeah, something that I can test out new skills/hero designs with. I'm trying to get better at skinning/jass/triggering etc.

Bunnylove wrote:I am assuming that you are looking for an aos style map for testing heroes, & triggers etc? Thats what this one was designed for.

Precisely
Mattamatics

Postby Tirion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:59 pm

I used to have a bunch, but looking at them now they're full of leaks and like twenty gazillion useless arrays. This is one I made a few years ago, but it's only meant to be one lane for quickly testing stuff and may not be what you're looking for.
Tirion

Postby Mattamatics » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Tirion wrote:I used to have a bunch, but looking at them now they're full of leaks and like twenty gazillion useless arrays. This is one I made a few years ago, but it's only meant to be one lane for quickly testing stuff and may not be what you're looking for.

I'll give it a shot...I haven't started making anything to test yet though. But thank you.
Mattamatics

Postby Bunnylove » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 am

Tirion,

What a surprise! Yes, i was referring to one of your AoS testmaps in my post earlier this thread, but it was a full multi-laned map. I can't tell you how many hours it saved me when i was designing heroes (none of which were ever used in anything beyond my own obsessive-compulsive musing of course, but that is beside the point). Every time any one helped me playtest they always gushed about how great your testmap was, & i was always a little miffed because they were more interested in your map than in my hero designs. Anyway, thanks again for all the help it provided. You ought to update it & make it available again.
Bunnylove

Re: AoS Test Map?

Postby Cassiel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Cassiel

Re: AoS Test Map?

Postby Tirion » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Tirion

Return to Custom Mapmaking