Interesting BC Details

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Interesting BC Details

Postby Bobwich III » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:23 pm

The honor system is gonna be completely abolished and you get to choose as a title one of the ranks that you achieved for your character.

Gear obtained from the new honor system won't be nearly as powerful as Arena/raiding, but it does include things like trinkets, pots, etc other than armor.

Arena gear will be comparable to raiding gear with a bigger emphasis on Pvp stats but will only have armor (which are sets)/weapons.

Crowd control abilites will be nerfed in the arena system.

Apparently the hp to damage ratio is being way changed so that fights will last much longer. Theyre shouldnt be anymore 2 shotting. Strange since the gear I'm seeing form BC has insane stats.

No class gets to use anymore weapon classes.

Arena requires level 70 so you won't be doing anytime soon.

All of it is quoted blue stuff that I'm too lazy to link.
Bobwich III

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:51 pm

They're increasing the decreasing the item level on stamina so there's a buttload more for everyone. Also, they're changing the way crit, chance to hit, dodge, and parry all scale. Instead it is based on a rating scale, and the higher level you are, the more rating you'll need to equal 1 crit/hit/dodge/parry.
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby GraveI » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:09 am

mmmmmmmBacon wrote:They're increasing the decreasing the item level on stamina so there's a buttload more for everyone. Also, they're changing the way crit, chance to hit, dodge, and parry all scale. Instead it is based on a rating scale, and the higher level you are, the more rating you'll need to equal 1 crit/hit/dodge/parry.

Intelligence item level has also been lowered, both int and stam by 33%. All current items will have 33% more of each on them.

1 agility = 1 rap for hunters. On the flip side, all of the hunter items have lower agi but way more attack power. End result, ranged damage will remain the same for hunters, but melee damage should be jacked up by a fair bit.

Oh, and to go along with the lower agility, the agi to crit % ratio has been lowered to like 25 or something.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby pix » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Wait. Arenas as in Gurubashi, or some new thing they have added?
pix

Postby Moose » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:13 pm

You queue up for it with your team, then you get paired up against another Arena team, Horde OR Alliance. Sounds pretty cool.
Moose

Postby RibbuM » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:51 pm

Yeah Pix it's essentially new 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 etc Arena Battlegrounds.

They're going to nerf crowd control by a certain amount for these. This is how pvp people will get gear that is somewhat on par with BC raiders.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Nice to see they kept the 4/6 blue pvp or 3/6 epic pvp set bonuses and put them on the arena pieces. I love having HoJ on a 35 second cd, so rape.
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby GraveI » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:05 pm

Pretty sure all of the current battlegrounds gear is going to be moved into the pvp Arena awards, including the rep rewards from BGs (unclear about that). But all the current honor rewards will be given static costs from Arena points.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby pix » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:39 pm

Sounds fun. Are the points or whatever they give you for the Arenas solo points or team points?
pix

Postby GraveI » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:53 pm

Solo points.

It will be similar to Guild Wars, I think. There will be AT and RT arenas. You win, earn points, you can spend those points on pvp rewards. I'm not sure how the whole team thing works yet - I've heard rumors of it working like a guild does now, but who knows.
GraveI

Postby GraveI » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Gear obtained from the new honor system won't be nearly as powerful as Arena/raiding, but it does include things like trinkets, pots, etc other than armor.

Not sure what you mean here. As far as I know, there is no new honor system. Just the arena...
GraveI

Postby Bobwich III » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 pm

GraveI wrote:

Not sure what you mean here. As far as I know, there is no new honor system. Just the arena...

No theyre wiping the honor system and replacing it with a new one. AKA for all your kills you get points and you spend them on items and such. You get to choose an honor rank that you acheived as a title.
Bobwich III

Postby GraveI » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:49 pm

Bobwich III wrote:AKA for all your kills you get points and you spend them on items and such.
'

These are directly related to the arena rewards, they're one and the same, not seperate.

Unless arena's will also have a rep grind.
GraveI

Postby Bobwich III » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm

GraveI wrote:These are directly related to the arena rewards, they're one and the same, not seperate.

Unless arena's will also have a rep grind.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 4422&sid=1
Bobwich III

Postby GraveI » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:24 pm

My mistake then.
GraveI

Return to World of Warcraft