Patch 3.1

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Patch 3.1

Postby Bobwich III » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:34 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

And engineering gets 1 utterly useless item
Bobwich III

Re: Patch 3.1

Postby Zeuter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:04 pm

So what's with all the colours?
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Bobwich III » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 pm

my guess is crappy arena set, good arena set, tier 8, tier 8.5
Bobwich III

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:24 am

Priest things are glorious.
Moose

Postby Myth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 am

Wtf why don't druids ever get bitching awesome headpieces. We always get some lame headband/antlers. Fail. Mage set is pretty awesome looking.
Myth

Postby Zeuter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 am

You get a bloody moon in front of your head. No pun intended.

Rogues get the best-looking set this time, though. Oh well, they have to make up for the awfulness that was everything after Bloodfang.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm

I like the dick on the chest of the Paladins.
Moose

Postby StrikeRaider » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 pm

What's the point of the 10% penalty on TG if there is a talent that increase it by 10%? If that really is true, I think I might quit on the fact that blizzard clearly has no idea what warriors do anymore.

Also love that new glyph of shield wall. Pretty much gave us IBF instead of fixing what's really wrong (bad HP scaling, bad mitigation on anything that actually hurts.)

At least the armor set kinda looks nice. I prefer the dreadnaught helm though.
StrikeRaider

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 pm

They don't know what to do about Warriors because they're afraid of them. If they buff them defensively, it means they generate less rage because they take less damage, so they can't hold threat. So then they have to buff their rage generation, which then also buffs the hell out of Fury and Arms as well. This is the main problem, because Blizzard is fucking terrified of the Arms tree. They can't keep PvP and PvE balanced, especially with the rage system as it is. A viable fix would be to just make rage have different mechanics in the Arena, but people would bitch.
Moose

Postby StrikeRaider » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 am

Rage gen has always been a problem because it's pretty much a terribly made system. First off, the amount rage gained on a hit isn't proprotional to how much health you have but a static amount of dmg (done and received) generates a static amount of rage. Remember when they normalized rage? They honestly have no idea how to fix it without completely overhauling the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't fix warriors until the next expansion because just that much is wrong with the class.

Trust me it ain't a rage problem by far in terms of pvp viability. What they should have done is had gone with the one talent they said was too OP in beta. Letting warriors use spell reflect, shield bash, and shield wall with a 2hander. Before bladestorm, it was that. I guess they thought it would be too imba for a warrior to not have change weapons every 5 seconds in pvp. They aren't afraid of the arms tree like they are afraid of shamans (remember them? enhancement hasn't been viable in pvp for years.) They are afraid of mortal strike, which isn't even unique anymore. Buffing that alone would buff the arms tree so much. when you aren't using MS because it isn't efficient, something is wrong (do MM hunters still use aimed shot IDK.)

Really, the biggest problem is that warriors (and prot paladins/shamans on a lesser level) are on a linear growth while everyone else is exponential.
StrikeRaider

Return to World of Warcraft