Raiding Preferences

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Raiding Preferences

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 am

Regardless of Blizzard's attempts at balance, there are always some classes that people prefer to be in certain roles. At the moment I've heard paladins and DKs are better tanks since they tank a single target just as well as a warrior/druid, but they can also AoE tank. So what're the other current class biases? What do you prefer for main healer/off healer/DPS/etc?
Moose

Re: Raiding Preferences

Postby Myth » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:07 am

DKs are fucking OP all around. And druid healers are best. :)

Omad and Deagle have both expressed a desire to get us all playing together again.
Myth

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm playing Alliance on Mug'Thol with some RL friends. Rolled a priest, kind of regretting it since it looks like I'll be going mana battery instead of healing, since for some reason Blizz hates the idea of Priests healing. Don't want to reroll, I hate leveling.
Moose

Postby StrikeRaider » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I'd be so down for that if I wasn't actually busy. Honestly as warrior myself, and the only other warrior in my guild, I'm not worried too much. It's when you get into higher gear levels that paladins and dks start to outshine due to the 4pc bonus on their sets. ATM everything is fine. It's that if it keeps going in this direction everything will be bad. Warriors will finally get our gimmick fights back since nobody cares about druid tanks anymore.

And seriously DKs are OPed out the ass. From what I've heard unholy is the AoE spec and frost/blood are single target. The real bonus they have is that when they offtank or aren't needed they can actually put out decent dps. And 3.1 seems it will be going in the wrong direction for Arms.
StrikeRaider

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

The one thing I don't get about warriors is that they were never really overpowered, but they get the shit nerfed out of them anyway. Whereas Retadins were OP when BC came out (they kinda are again), so they god the nerf bat. Rogues could 100%-0% stunlock people, it got nerfed. Warriors kind of didn't suck for a few days, so they got the nerfbat.
Moose

Postby StrikeRaider » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

The new rage change will be the worse thing since normalization. but only in pvp. (put on the tinfoil hat now.) The problem with warriors is that we used to be the de facto tank of vanilla. So when they tried to make pallies and druids viable they had to overbuff them to make people take them. Then when people stopped taking us they had to add gimmick fights like Illidan's shear. Then you also have how powerful MS was in arena before they added it to everything. Warrior/druid was so powerful that probably both classes are feeling the effects of those seasons. Really the reason they are trying to buff arms through slam/overpower shows that they are afraid of buffing MS. Hopefully these are definitely tentative.

TLDR: Warriors suffer from things that happened in the past.
StrikeRaider

Postby Myth » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Warrior is one of the hardest classes to play well. Most people quit warrior before or at level cap. The people who stick with it become pretty awesome 75% of the time, and the rest of the game QQs about how overpowered warriors are no matter how much they get nerfed. Just keep adapting, Warrior.
Myth

Postby StrikeRaider » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 am

It's all I can do. Playing any other class is just painful now. Even with the changes to the leveling system pre-70.

The only thing that's promising for warriors with 3.1 is that they say they are finally changing the penalties/bonuses with the stances.
StrikeRaider

Postby Moose » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 am

I love warriors, I was main tanking back in BC with one. My friends rolled Alliance, so I couldn't use him, but looking at class balance now, I don't mind, since Warriors suck at pretty much everything now compared to other classes.
Moose

Postby Meta-Knight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Yeah, my raiding preference is Blizzard Warehouses, with C4.
Meta-Knight, Chieftain of Clan Meta@Azeroth // Clan Meta member details // Clan Meta forums
"Victory...is my destiny." ~Meta-Knight
Meta-Knight

Postby Vladimer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Meta-Knight wrote:Yeah, my raiding preference is Blizzard Warehouses, with C4.

You're such a fucking faggot.
Always and forever,
Stop trying.
[4:54] <NMNFTU> I'm tired of women
[4:54] <Mell> YES
Vladimer

Postby StrikeRaider » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh I forgot to say that fury rapes. Hard. DW betrayers ftw.
StrikeRaider

Postby Myth » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Fuck Titan's Grip.
Myth

Postby erwtenpeller » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 am

fuck you! *tee hee*
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Postby pix » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Erwt you've got a sweet avatar.
pix

Return to World of Warcraft