WotLK Talent Patch day

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

WotLK Talent Patch day

Postby SlowChemical » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

Anyone making any redonkulous respecs? (assuming this is the patch day)

I'm probably keeping my Shaman Elemental and my Pally Holy (both 70), but I believe I will aim to make my alt Warrior Protection, after reading RBM mentioning they did some decent damage in PvP, in addition to the tankage.

Also, isn't Inscription supposed to be available up to a certain skill level with this patch? Where do you think this will be learnable? My first guess would be that they are opening up Dalaran... but I don't know what else to guess off the top of my head.
SlowChemical

Re: WotLK Talent Patch day

Postby EzekieL » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 am

I'm probably going to keep my Warlock as Demonology, at least for leveling. I was specced Demo/affliction for PvP, but I have been spoiled by having a felguard at all times. Plus I can't wait to turn into a demon, which just sounds like loads of fun.
EzekieL

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

Screw that, im staying afflction on my lock for leveling. You can just chew through fields of mobs with affliction, just dont as well against elites as demonology does.
Jester

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:22 am

haunt does such an absurd amount of damage too. full row of dots + haunt, unless I spam heal or bubble, I die.

I'm gonna get on a friend's shaman or druid and go harass the zeppelins with thunderstorm or typhoon. Then I will kill people so hard they will die from it on my paladin.
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby RibbuM » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm

I just kind've put this together, but the new Ret changes + BACONLOL = alot of dead, disgrunted horde.

Can I follow you around with SoE and WF totem and watch people die?
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby Bobwich III » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Servers suck
Bobwich III

Postby EzekieL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 am

So do undead haircuts.
Jester wrote: Screw that, im staying afflction on my lock for leveling. You can just chew through fields of mobs with affliction, just dont as well against elites as demonology does.

I may try it, but I really like having a felguard out at all times. I also find there to be much less down time since my felguard generally does most of the work. Also having a felguard for when you get ganked is quite wonderful. Intercept is my best friend and other casters (cept priest) just seem to fall. If you played in the beta though you will know more then me at this point. I'm making all judgments based on what I did in BC.
EzekieL

Postby Zeuter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 am

If you had any downtime as affliction at all in BC, any, you officially suck.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:13 pm

More downtime? I had downtime as a demonology since i lost alot of life draining abilities and i had to worry about my pets health as well as my own.

As affliction i can kill 2-3 mobs at a time, the only downtime i ever have is to use cannabalize, and thats only if the shit hits the fan and i leave combat with less than 30% health. There is no downtime with affliction if you dont over extend yourself. Hell i remember one time i killed 6 non-elites at the same time by fear juggling/drain tanking.

Dont even get me started on pvp stories.
Jester

Postby EzekieL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:26 pm

I only played affliction until I was able to get my felguard out with talent points, and when I switched over I found no reason to go back. I can still handle multiple mobs at a time, and usually have less downtime while doing it compared to affliction. My pet may die once, but if he does I can summon another one for no time and no mana. I suppose it's a matter of opinion/different play style. It's also much easier to handle mobs with a felguard for my low ass framerate, which may be making my opinion bias. Then again like Jester said I may of just been over extending myself and playing wrong.

BG pvp is definitely not for demonology, but I do happen to like having a felguard around when I'm trying to level and I get ganked, which is usually the ONLY time I have down time.
EzekieL

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 pm

All in all it all relies on the play style, affliction relies on drain life tanking alot with the pet as nothing more than the mana battery. I tried affliction for 2 levels while I was in outland grinding up, i had to slow down my killing because i would overextend myself faster as demonology.

Demonology is way more defensive though, I cant solo elites worth a damn if they arent fearable.
Jester

Postby EzekieL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Ya, if something can't be feared it hurts a lot if your demonology. BTW the new demon form is fucking awesome, and makes me love demonology that much more. It's not an epic ability or anything, but I get to be a fucking demon.
EzekieL

Postby SlowChemical » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 am

Ret pallies > all

How long you think it'll take for Blizz to address them? (I think they will without question, every BG I played today, a Ret pally led in KBs and dmg.)
SlowChemical

Postby StrikeRaider » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:18 am

So warriors no longer own like they used to? Figures. Always a different FOTM class with WoW.
StrikeRaider

Postby BuddyJ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 am

ret has been nerfed already so i wouldnt worry about it.
BuddyJ

Postby Jester » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:13 am

Dude haunt is amazing, I dont even have to drain life tank anymore. I just tab, put on the dots, and then tab to the next target. I never stop, i grinded out 69-70 in 3 hours doing that.
Jester

Postby RibbuM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 pm

StrikeRaider wrote:So warriors no longer own like they used to? Figures. Always a different FOTM class with WoW.

The own spec of warriors now is protection. Seriously, it's awesome. If it wasn't for current ret pallies and arcane mages, I think people would be bitching about prot wars.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby Zeuter » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Jester wrote:Dude haunt is amazing, I dont even have to drain life tank anymore. I just tab, put on the dots, and then tab to the next target. I never stop, i grinded out 69-70 in 3 hours doing that.

Rested or not?
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Well my shadow priest just got totally fucked up by ret pallys and mages. wasn't fun :(
HOSK CLAN: CLAN HOSK
Deacon (AYC)

Postby StrikeRaider » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Mages are only broken right before xpacs. Same thing happened last time with the Pre-BC patch that caused us to be nerfed up until the Sunwell patch or so.
StrikeRaider

Postby EzekieL » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:05 am

I just respecced to destruction on my warlock, and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. This is purely for pvp btw. Ret pallys still rock me in numbers, but this has done me quite a bit better then affliction. Though I do see jesters point about leveling with affliction now more so then when I actually leveled. Will probably use it to level when Expansion comes out.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 1335031000
I didn't go with chaos bolt because I prefer soul link. I had it setup with chaos bolt, and it was good, 4k crits are always fun, but soul link helps a lot with survivability but I suppose you could use either one.
EzekieL

Return to World of Warcraft