Cinematic released

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cinematic released

Postby BenTheCarotte » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:22 am

i still really like my concept of a dungeon i have created.

You have 3 bosses, one is a rogue, sneaking from anywhere at anytime in the instance, the next is a paladin, she(he) summons 1 random player in an arena and they fight pvp style.

The last is warlock/blood mage à la ToB; all the mobs you killed in the instance increase the power of the spells of the boss.

I might be really fuckan high on c-c-c-c-cocaine right now, but this concept would make an intance so much more interesting, people staying on their guards for the rogue, fighting like pvp(suck it PvE fags) ad the final boss who requires to skip as much trash as you can.
BenTheCarotte

Postby Mur » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:41 am

Talent trees having depth and choice is clearly one of Blizzard's new focuses, unfortunatley, the players have responded to this with a new word. "bloated" If any talent tree now has choice, it is refered to as bloated. Blizzard really can't win.

I agree totally on balance, and think it should have been fixed a long time ago. The game was more balanced in pre-tbc. But balance isn't everything. My paladin can still be effective in pvp, not as effective as a druid, but I guess that just makes the challenge. It's true Blizz should have fixed balance by now, instead of saving it for an expansion. They promised 2.4 was going to be a pvp balance patch and then, simply put, it wasn't.

In terms of pve, 10man is going to rock. Everyone knows Karazhan and Zul'Aman are the best dungeons in tbc.

One thing I'd be worrying about is the way tbc destroyed fame. pre-tbc, the game had a lot of famous players. Drakedog for example. These days, pvp movies just aren't as interesting anymore. PvE movies always have been crap. They need to make arena more of a spectator sport, because an mmo without famous people just doesn't work. Maybe Achievments will change this.

I don't know, I'm tired on debating about wotlk. I'm going to bite my tongue until it's released. I still have faith in the Blizz.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am

I thought this was just a teaser cinematic.
Myth

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft