Cinematic released

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Cinematic released

Postby Mur » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 am

So, I know it's old but no-one made a thread.

Looks like Blizzard are cheaping out here. It's a shame, their cinematics are normally really enjoyable, but I can see why they didn't bother so much. They're just not that important any more I guess.

Not even a nice tagline to rival "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED".

God I hate arthas.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Re: Cinematic released

Postby Zeuter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 am

It was rather long-winded which is too bad. It could've been really cute.

Solid animation as always but meh, this didn't really do anything for me.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby erwtenpeller » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:20 am

me and viggy got a beta key.
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Postby StrikeRaider » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Pretty much it only interests the people who actually played (and enjoyed) Warcraft 3.
StrikeRaider

Postby Herosbane » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:37 pm

F'real. Come on, that was awesome.

GWAAAAAAAAR, FROST WYRM!
Herosbane

Postby pix » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Fuck you all but I'm not gonna go to Blizzard and find it myself. Link it.
pix

Postby Tirion » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Kerlink

I didn't like it.
Tirion

Postby pix » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:22 pm

What's wrong with it? I know approximately nothing about Warcraft lore but I enjoyed it. I like pretending that Mufasa was narrating.
pix

Postby Tirion » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:24 pm

It looked great, but I was expecting something else from it I suppose. It just didn't have the feel of their other cinematics for me.
Tirion

Postby Moose » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:25 am

I thought it was awesome, I just wish it were for WC4, not more prplz.
Moose

Postby Bobwich III » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Pretty lame, nothing like the previous ones. There was no battle scenes, no cool taglines, no spells, and you couldn't see arthas's face
Bobwich III

Postby pix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:48 pm

It's definitely not as good as the previous ones, especially the first WoW cinematic, but it's not bad by any means.
pix

Postby erwtenpeller » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 am

Its just a more nerrative experience. Instead of showing some flashy muuvs they're trying to set the mood. From what viggy has told me playing wraith, the questlines are a lot more nerrative as well, with some new mechanics to support this, such as quest NPC's that are individually placed for each player, npc's that actually interact with you a little bit, and tonnes of little stuff on the side.
erwtenpeller

Postby Mur » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 am

But the narrative was fucking lame.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby EzekieL » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 pm

It was decent eye candy, but it didn't give me the same feeling as "You are not prepared". Though maybe their trying to set a tone of "no words needed" since it is Arthas and all.
EzekieL

Postby erwtenpeller » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 am

Also, the you are not prepared was a bit lame-ish. Allright the first time it ghoosebumped me, but so did this one. Its a fine cinematic.
erwtenpeller

Postby EzekieL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Please, TBC's cinematic was better then the expansion itself.
EzekieL

Postby Mur » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Please, hating on TBC is just the most bandwagony thing to do ever. People talk shit. The good old days and hating change, some of the stupidest fucking human traits ever conceived.

Pre TBC was a joke in comparison, itemisation was horrible, talents were non-discussable, getting items was based 100% on luck. PvP was long, boring and painful, with no choice. Sure, UBRS was fun, but that fucking Drakisath never dropped ANYTHING for ANY of my characters, I ran it EVERY DAMN DAY. And got NOTHING. Headmaster's charge dropped and I got outrolled by TWO, by a priest who was getting benediction THE NEXT DAY. Badges of justice are, quite simply, a godsend and a glorious idea.

TBC gave good items for casual players, the elitists bitch about it, but a full s4 player still kicks seven shades of shit out of anyone with significantly worse gear than them.

It also gave classes far more options in terms of talents and deeper gameplay. It still made some stupid mistakes but it was a very decent expansion and people who say it's shit are talking out their arse.

Mostly it's from High Warlords/full tier 3 nerds whining because they had to earn their epics again.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby StrikeRaider » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I just hate SL warlocks.
StrikeRaider

Postby Mur » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Dont forget druids.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby EzekieL » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:07 am

Listen, just cause you had bad luck doesn't mean you have to hate on everyone unhappy with the games current state. The classes need to be balanced to a ridiculous extent, and the gear is getting out of fucking hand. Also, lets face it resilience was the worst fucking creation known to man. GOGO Diablo 2 gear based system. They needed to lower gear numbers instead of adding a stat that makes the game completely gear based, far beyond what it was before. The chances of the next expansion saving the game from the current abomination know as WoW will be quite the feet to accomplish. I'm personally hoping for a better PvE scene since PvP has become a nesting ground for nubs who like to stand afk and bitch when they don't win. PvE is the only thing keeping me in the game atm and my attention is dwindling quickly. Arena would be nice if every team didn't have the same fucking gear on and there was some sort of variety to the classes besides facing the same fucking setups every other game. I'm all for making it easier to get gear, but come on, make it take longer then 2 weeks to be up near the players that have been playing for years.

Do not get the impression I'm one of those tier 3 faggots who bitches about having to grind more gear, because I personally do not care about that, and think adding new and better gear gradually, adds to playability. But they need to add more depth to talents and gear in some way because if you think the new talents offer a change to the way classes are played you are right, but everyone plays the same fucking way. EVERY tree needs to be equally useful. Was every tree useful pre TBC? No. But when do we start heading in the right direction instead of further down the wrong one?
EzekieL

Postby Zeuter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 am

You know, you could also like.. Not play the game.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby RibbuM » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Eh, the expansion and even the upcoming one keep moving in better directions than the original game and even the original game was better than the rest of the MMOs out there.

The problem is that MMOs become insanely boring. Every one of them. And anything they can do in an expansion is not going to fix that. The genre itself is just doing boring chores over and over with new boring chores being unlocked at a later date.

Unfortunately, the MMO genre is the only one where they have teams that constantly balance and patch things and prevent cheaters from continually ruining the game. It's the only genre that somewhat regularly adds new content.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby EzekieL » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Zeuter wrote:You know, you could also like.. Not play the game.

My friends bug me to stick around for various reasons in the guild, otherwise I would be long gone. Like I said though, I do enjoy the PvE aspect of the game. Also, If this expansion doesn't fix many of the balance issues I have with the game then I will be gone. Unless they somehow make dungeons the most amazing thing ever, which I highly doubt. I'm a PvP player at heart so the PvE has to be quite good to keep me from canceling, at least with the current state of PvP, but I've given up hope on that aspect.
EzekieL

Postby StrikeRaider » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm

But that would make sense Zeut!
StrikeRaider

Next

Return to World of Warcraft