WotLK Talents

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

WotLK Talents

Postby Herosbane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:34 am

Whoah.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... wrath.html

Also: Totally going unholy DK. Summon Gargoyle, beyatch.
Herosbane

Re: WotLK Talents

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 pm

How do you unlock him?

Also, can't wait to try some new mixes with mage talents.
HOSK CLAN: CLAN HOSK
Deacon (AYC)

Postby theboogleman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 pm

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Go there if you want the latest updates, also EJ is the best place to go to find the maths and good discussions on the new talents/skills.
theboogleman

Postby StrikeRaider » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Duel wield 2 handers? Omnislash? Paladins finally get an AoE heal though.
StrikeRaider

Postby Herosbane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Whar omnislash is? Oh... right.
Herosbane

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:38 pm

the aoe heal for paladins i've heard isn't so good. probably just not in arena, definitely not something you should depend on. auras working on the entire raid group is a pretty sweet buff. ret aura becomes the primary aura for ret paladins (makes sense amirite?). sanctity aura becomes sanctified retribution, making ret aura give 2% damage to anyone affected by it, and later in the tree is a talent to make it so anyone affected by ret aura also gets 3% IAS. and as a bonus, ret aura does a bunch more damage and is affected by spell damage to a degree. Improved Devo aura also makes it so anyone affected gets bonus healing, and the armor bonus is bigger.

edit: actually, rereading beacon of light, it's possible that the heal will stack. cast on multiple people, and turn each of them into a walking healing aura. though, it's possible that it's not like so as well: only works on one target, can't heal the same person with multiple beacons, etc. Not really sure. The idea of the paladin making multiple people into healing auras could be pretty crazy though...

for the new abilities, the shield slam looks pretty nice, especially since paladins get a lot of block value on their gear. alliance finally get a seal of blood equiv, but seal of command may be better in the expansion after all. With Sheath of Light, AP will finally affect judgment of command, and anything else that was originally only spell damage. With a whole bunch of buffs, and a stun, it can do pretty outrageous damage though:

http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/workingasintended.jpg

Granted he has great gear and all his natural buffs up, but that's a bit insane. It's likely to get toned down.

All the trees are insanely bloated. Good and bad: roles are more specified, but it's hard to get a good hybrid build working. Now it is necessary that you respec for different environments (pvp/pve). This is probably the pvp tree i'll work with.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 3104201351
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby theboogleman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:50 pm

They said something about having the option of switching between two specs for free in WOTLK.
theboogleman

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:10 am

would be great, but haven't read a thing about it yet.
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby DE » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 am

My friend has been telling me about. Something about two trees, a main and an alt, and oyu can switch in between them for free at your trainer or something. I dunno, he was vague about it.
DE

Location: Developing compromising photos in a red-room, of course.

Postby theboogleman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:45 am

I think it's more of a pve/pvp thing.
theboogleman

Postby erwtenpeller » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am

So noone actually knows what new pets can be tamed with beast mastery... bummer.
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Postby theboogleman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 am

Really fat bears is one.
theboogleman

Postby EzekieL » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Lance was always tamable.
EzekieL

Postby Mur » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Looks like they kinda saved the paladin class. :D

btw, NZ is rocking.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby theboogleman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 pm

EzekieL wrote:Lance was always tamable.

Maybe fatness isn't limited to just bears now?
theboogleman

Postby RibbuM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Eh. Some of the shaman additions like hex are nice, but as an enhancement shaman, alot of the newer stuff is lack luster. Spirit wolves is boring. We almost had weapon specializations all rolled into one 5 point talent, but it was changed so that we could build up charges and eventually instant cast offensive spells. Ghost wolf = travel form now.

Meh. I hope there are still some nice changes coming down the enhance tree.

I saw a couple of videos on thunderstorm and that looks pretty awesome with the 20 yard knockback effect.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby theboogleman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Does ghost wolf break snares? If not that's one major thing that travel form has, sure 40% movement is sweet but if it couldn't break snares it wouldn't be useful for getting away.

EDIT: I see now they do break snares for an extra 2 talents, enchance is looking pretty sweet.
theboogleman

Postby diab knows his password » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 pm

theboogleman wrote:I think it's more of a pve/pvp thing.

Probably, because Blizzard made a huge mistake by making "pvp sets of gear" and "pve sets of gear." Shouldn't be required to switch between talents or gear for pvp, but then again Blizz did too much in that aspect of the game.

I changed my mind about WoW; it certainly has the best PvE flavor of any MMO that is still being updated with the unique raids, quests and instances, however, Lineage II retains the best PvP oriented MMO that is still being updated in my book. World PvP is extremely prevalent in L2 with clan wars and the ability to kill anyone you wish at any time anywhere but it is almost nonexistent in WoW due to instances. Not to mention there is no need of changing talents/gears for PvP in L2. There are no instances in L2 so you can fuck up a rival clan's raid and take the boss, which is something my clan enjoys doing every so often. That adds to the competitiveness of the game.
diab knows his password

Postby Herosbane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 am

I don't really want to play a game where my ability to play is determined by whether or not a bunch of people want to grief me. I think instances are a very important concept.
Herosbane

Postby EzekieL » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:39 am

I agree with hero's on this one. Although world PvP is lacking in WoW, in the long run it's probably for the better in terms of gameplay. Then again you could argue that all those carebears can go to PvE servers and stop crying. :lol:
EzekieL

Postby Vladimer » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 am

They can!

Killing anyone you want, anytime you want. Only way to go.

PvE Raid instances may have been a good idea, though. I dunno. If there were no raid instances to start guild development in wow would have been way different and it probably wouldn't have phased me. So really I'm good either way.
[4:54] <NMNFTU> I'm tired of women
[4:54] <Mell> YES
Vladimer

Postby harveymudd » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 pm

I will play my rogue again when WotLK comes out.

A fucking teleporting ninja who can re-enter stealth about 5 times in a single fight, plus all those crit talents...

Fuck I'm having a nerdgasm. Back to Conan.
"From where do you come barbarian, and by what are you called?" Gasped the complying wench, as Grignr smothered her lips with the blazing touch of his flaming mouth.
harveymudd

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm

i wish I could just kill people of my faction anytime i wanted. Aggravates me to all hell I can't kill some people. Hell, the chance to just smack rbm anytime he tries to open his mail would just give me loads of entertainment from that alone.

I'm pleased with the ret tree for paladins, and the new changes the class is getting as a whole. Conan is kinda dead for me and the guys i played it with. the pvp was decent but leveling up makes me want to stab children.
mmmmmmmBacon

Postby RibbuM » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:08 pm

They should change it so that every time Bacon is killed, it adds a slow mo cut scene on everyone on Firetrees computer who happens to be playing at the time, showcasing the death. It can even add mock dramatic music and everything. It will be glorious.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby mmmmmmmBacon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 pm

My deaths are very important, i'd be ok with that change.
mmmmmmmBacon

Next

Return to World of Warcraft