Warhammer or Conan

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:32 am

Nah, I haven´t. Just found out about it today and started reading about all kinds of current action RPGs out there to get a clue what´s going on. I´m still a bit out of the loop you know,
And now I have all kinds of great ideas for a d-clone myself. I just got back from town and I got me four books on software engineering. Couldn´t get them from the library because I have a strange taste and those are out of production. But man, now I have less money for food the next two weeks, so gotta read them to keep my mind busy.

If you say it sucks I just take your word for it. Thought it would still be better than real mmorpgs. But seriously, the more I think about this ingame-real-money-buy crap the less I want to test it, no matter what promises they make to keep it "humanitarian". Fucking corporate bastards are just testing out the waters with what they can get away with later on.

Hey you know what, I also started thinking about animations. It was something I also noticed in the Mythos vids. I never understand why when moving from 2D to 3D they think it´s a good idea to make the animations all wiggle-waggle smooth. It completely sucks, the feel sucks. Take D2 and the Amazon with Javalin and shield and run around and hit stuff, it completely rocks, you feel badass and have this amazing impression of close-control. And that´s because the character is as it should be when combat-ready: it´s completely strained and under body tension. When it moves where you click it runs quickly and very responsive to that place and when stops very immediate and precise. You can see how she is electrified and ready to kick some ass, and their movements are quick in execution as well as they are abruptly ending when done, without much pansy animation bullshit to make it fade out softly. When moving to 3D they just don´t nail that important feel.

I´m all talk! I love hearing my own voice, you know!
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby GraveI » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:42 am

It doesn't suck, it's a pretty good dclone but it's still a clone. Doesn't bring much new to the table.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:54 am

They prolly hope that the enhanced multiplayer and PvP will make up for their lack in vision.
Hrm, chapter nine: fundamental heuristic strategies.
Man, prolly takes some while until I can shake up the genre.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft