New info on the expansion

For all discussions regarding World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby diab knows his password » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:43 am

Smaller guilds usually mean more skill. They use less members, each member knows what s/he is doing, ventrilo/ts in general is less clogged up, you know your guildmembers more.

And in PvP a small guild can easily take on a large guild mainly because of organization and skills. They know what they're doing, they know each other, they trust each other. There's no doubt/hesistation.

Smaller guilds also only take classes that simply OWN. If there's a mediocre class/okay class, they dont' get used. Simple.

During raids in a small guild, there's no bullshit like "raid points." Simple, items go directly to the player that needs it most/plays the most. No questions.

Such things above separate a bad guild and a good guild.
diab knows his password

Postby KaiWindstorm » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Lakhnerth wrote:
KaiWindstorm wrote:Ah De, when will you realize that it's all about the PvP? It's like Thizz says, PvE is for pussies =P. (though a 10 man raid instance intrigues me)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Moose, where are you these days? I heard TBL blew up while I was on vacation. And Mengde, I still miss ur shammy, with only that nub bakkura its like the fun is cut in half (<3 bakk though) =(.

Currently PvP is just as bad a grind as PvE, if not worse. Actually getting rank 14 must be worse. You don't know how many people I ran across that went for rank 14 that either burnt out from doing so and just fucking quit or had multiple people doing the grinding. Haha PvP is fucking annoying.

Oh, don't get me wrong sir, I totally agree, all of WoW is a fucking grind, I merely meant to convey that I find PvP alot more fun than sitting around with 39 strangers waiting for the mages/priests/druids to buff the damn raid. ;)
KaiWindstorm

Postby Vladimer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:08 pm

Raiding with retards must blow.
[4:54] <NMNFTU> I'm tired of women
[4:54] <Mell> YES
Vladimer

Postby Bobwich III » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:52 am

diab knows his password wrote:Smaller guilds also only take classes that simply OWN. If there's a mediocre class/okay class, they dont' get used. Simple.

Like what classes? You need at least one of everyclass the way I see it.

During raids in a small guild, there's no bullshit like "raid points." Simple, items go directly to the player that needs it most/plays the most. No questions.

Thats the purpose of dkp, fair rewarding.
Bobwich III

Postby diab knows his password » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:42 am

Bobwich III wrote:Like what classes? You need at least one of everyclass the way I see it.

Depends on the game you are playing. Let's take RF Online for example... Accretia side since that's the most recent game I've played. All classes are useful however not necessary. You could have a mix of all classes and have a mediocre guild. Or you could narrow it down to Punishers and Strikers only, 1-2 Battle Leaders for buffs. Punishers do melee/snaring while Strikers do burst damage with Target Fix and Desperation Launcher. Net, nuke. Done. And that's all you need for PVP. The same applies for ALL games. You only take the classes that are completely NEEDED to DOMINATE. In RF Online there's only 2 classes needed.

Bobwich III wrote:Thats the purpose of dkp, fair rewarding.

Only if you are in a casual guild. In a good PVP guild this does not work at all. Just because X is a healer and has 50 DKP compared to Y who is a warrior that has 25 DKP, the healer gets some nice item that would have been more useful to the warrior.

A better guild gives good items to their top player that can use it and that player passes down what the item replaced to the next person who can make GOOD use of it, no arguments. Sure this will piss off some players but if that happens they don't belong in a PVP guild.

Of course this doesn't work in WOW because of the binding crap but in other games that's how it should work.
diab knows his password

Postby Sciz » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:27 am

Your class thing doesn't apply to WoW at all imo.

And your DKP arguement about why a priest would get something a warrior needed? wtf?
In WoW a priest and warrior never need ANYTHING similar.
And most of the time they are class items that drop. So it DOES depend on the player vs other players playing more often/being more helpful to get the item.
Sciz

Postby Lakhnerth » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:59 am

Diab you keep mentioning pvp guilds and dkp in the same paragraph. What the fuck are you on about?
Lakhnerth

Postby Mengde » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:47 pm

He's educated me thoroughly on RF Online, and in that game PvP actually MATTERS. Like, actually changes something in the gameworld.
I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame; it doesn't mean I don't desire
To point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
Mengde

Postby Lakhnerth » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:42 pm

I would enjoy a game like that. Well based on how good it is aside from the PvP premise.
Lakhnerth

Postby Moose » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:09 pm

Mengde wrote:He's educated me thoroughly on RF Online, and in that game PvP actually MATTERS. Like, actually changes something in the gameworld.

I looked up RF Online, holy shit. I think I may be quitting WoW entirely. But I need more information first. Diab, we must talk.
Moose

Postby RibbuM » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:46 am

Funny. Everyone else I've talked to that has played RF Online has said it was trash.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby GraveI » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:48 pm

It is :/.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby Nooneyouknow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:29 pm

Mengde wrote:He's educated me thoroughly on RF Online, and in that game PvP actually MATTERS. Like, actually changes something in the gameworld.

PvP actually mattered in Shadowbane. so much so that they have to do rolling database wipes every 90 days or so now to keep their last 2 thousand or so subscribers playing.
Nooneyouknow

Postby pix » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Nox was PvP.
pix

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft