OMGAY

All discussions regarding politics, religion, philosophy, science, cake and related subjects should be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: OMGAY

Postby Zeuter » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am

Image

Damn cake boys.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
User avatar
Zeuter
 
Posts: 3758
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 am
Location: オランダ

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 pm

unwichtig wrote:Just got to college. Either my gaydar needs a tuneup or 1 out of 3 guys at my school is a homo :x


Calibration typically takes some time. Be prepared for trial and error, and even for some "straight" boys to hit on you. Use the closeted ones only for sex.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby unwichtig » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 am

Can't wait. I'm in an all guys dorm, and last night I got a lot of high-fives because I brought a girl home with me. I guess one of these days I should tell them, but I'm very scared of my roommate's reaction
unwichtig
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: OMGAY

Postby -Y- » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:31 am

Don't drop the soap.
-Y-
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 am

Re: OMGAY

Postby Zeuter » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:45 am

Get an Aussiebum poster, hang it upside-down on your door.

It's the fashionable thing to do.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
User avatar
Zeuter
 
Posts: 3758
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 am
Location: オランダ

Re: OMGAY

Postby Herosbane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Zeuter wrote:Image

Damn cake boys.


Further evidence of Pie Superiority.
User avatar
Herosbane
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:11 pm

unwichtig wrote:Can't wait. I'm in an all guys dorm, and last night I got a lot of high-fives because I brought a girl home with me. I guess one of these days I should tell them, but I'm very scared of my roommate's reaction


Well if you want any advice on coming out I'm all opinions, but judging from your posts you're probably not going to ping their gaydars, which in turn means you're "less threatening" than someone more flamboyant. Be careful though, I don't want you to be afraid but be careful, and don't be afraid to keep the truth from those who aren't trustworthy.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby unwichtig » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 am

College is way more fun outside of the dorm, as it turns out. I don't plan on spending a lot of time there :D

I do think my RA has a crush on me, though it might be conceited to suggest that. It's kinda awk
unwichtig
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: OMGAY

Postby Herosbane » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:40 pm

User avatar
Herosbane
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: OMGAY

Postby TheRaven7 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

User avatar
TheRaven7
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:49 am
Location: welcome to inanity

Re: OMGAY

Postby Zeuter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/09/28/mi ... tml?hpt=C1

Hilarious :lol:

Now, Melli, this is a self-loathing homosexual.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
User avatar
Zeuter
 
Posts: 3758
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 am
Location: オランダ

Re: OMGAY

Postby TheRaven7 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:04 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/nyreg ... icide.html

Unbelievable. Thankfully, the Internet has evidence all over the place.
User avatar
TheRaven7
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:49 am
Location: welcome to inanity

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

I am so fucking angry right now... just keep reading about this gay boys who are bullied into suicide for not even necessarily being gay, just acting like it... Fucking christ makes me want to use I get so sick over it.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby Cassiel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Of course they'll never spend any time in prison. Yay America.
User avatar
Cassiel
 
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I started this thread a few weeks ago because of the response I got when I called a webcomic "somewhat homophobic." That elicited a strong and primarily negative reaction from several people on the forum. Now I have to wonder after the rash of teen boys killing themselves because of homophobic bullying does anyone feel different than they did then? I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, and I'm not saying that that webcomic killed kids, but I am curious do any of you feel different now seeing the role homophobia plays in our society, and the pain it causes when children feel so persecuted and unsafe in school that they kill themselves. Surveys say that 9 out of 10 LGBT children are viciously harassed in school, and that 7 of 10 skip at least one day a month because of fears they will be violently attacked. Knowing this is my reaction more understandable to you?
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby Cassiel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Actually Ravi in all likelihood isn't homophobic. That's the problem. He played the same prank on his shy, awkward gay roommate that he would've played on a shy, awkward straight roommate, with no appreciation for the (it turns out deadly) difference between the two.

Also, nobody ever disputed that as a whole our culture is seriously discriminatory toward LGBT folks. What we said is that it's possible to use words like "gay" and "faggot" without them having anything to do with that shit, and doing so doesn't make us homophobic.

If I have to grab your ass with both hands and full-on mouth kiss you to make this point, I will.
User avatar
Cassiel
 
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: OMGAY

Postby Ensabahnur » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Cass pretty much summed it up.
User avatar
Ensabahnur
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 am

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:49 am

Cassiel wrote:Actually Ravi in all likelihood isn't homophobic. That's the problem. He played the same prank on his shy, awkward gay roommate that he would've played on a shy, awkward straight roommate, with no appreciation for the (it turns out deadly) difference between the two.

Also, nobody ever disputed that as a whole our culture is seriously discriminatory toward LGBT folks. What we said is that it's possible to use words like "gay" and "faggot" without them having anything to do with that shit, and doing so doesn't make us homophobic.

If I have to grab your ass with both hands and full-on mouth kiss you to make this point, I will.


In that specific instance the two kids who streamed the vids are not the ultimate culprits, they're just extremely convenient scapegoats. I forget that some of the stuff I post on FB I don't post here. The only reason that prank (which was despicable but not because he was gay, just because that's an asshole thing to do) had such an outrageous reaction is because of the abuse that Tyler probably had been suffering his whole life.

And yeah, I know no one ever disputed that our society was homophobic, but I had a point that even if it were possible to use words like faggot and homosexual (which according to polling has more of a negative connotation than gay) and not be homophobic, it could still be harmful for the exact same reason Tyler's suicide wasn't solely motivated by an asshole room mate.

Also if you realllllllly want to prove your point you'd ass kiss me.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 am

Ensabahnur wrote:Cass pretty much summed it up.


Sidenote: you're not allowed to use Cass's words to justify your own POV if you don't understand them.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby Mengde » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

I have many gay and lesbian friends, both IRL and over the interwebs. I don't feel comfortable stating that I am not homophobic at all, because I'm not sure if that's actually possible, but I'd say by and large I'm not. I don't use "gay" or "faggot" for the same reason that I don't say "nigger." It may be just a word to me, but to someone else it could be very hurtful, and why would I take that chance when I could just say "fuck" instead?

Of course, this may be inherently hypocritical of me, since I found PA's dickwolves and the rape joke hysterical despite the effect it might have on rape victims. Still, I try. Pretty much all I can do.
I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame; it doesn't mean I don't desire
To point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
User avatar
Mengde
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Pimping Lair. Status: Super cereal.

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 am

Mengde wrote:I have many gay and lesbian friends, both IRL and over the interwebs. I don't feel comfortable stating that I am not homophobic at all, because I'm not sure if that's actually possible, but I'd say by and large I'm not. I don't use "gay" or "faggot" for the same reason that I don't say "nigger." It may be just a word to me, but to someone else it could be very hurtful, and why would I take that chance when I could just say "fuck" instead?

Of course, this may be inherently hypocritical of me, since I found PA's dickwolves and the rape joke hysterical despite the effect it might have on rape victims. Still, I try. Pretty much all I can do.


This is me. I try not use the word retarded where inappropriate and/or rape jokes etc... but sometimes misusing words can be fucking hilarious and sometimes I just plain fail at being PC. It's all about context, and let it be said once more that I don't think any of you are malicious or homophobic.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

Re: OMGAY

Postby Mengde » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 am

Danke. <3
I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame; it doesn't mean I don't desire
To point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
User avatar
Mengde
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Pimping Lair. Status: Super cereal.

Re: OMGAY

Postby theboogleman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Not sure if you've got a preferrence? Go here and select the Sexuality IAT.
Take these tests as what you want, if you don't believe it that's your own opinion.
theboogleman
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 am

Re: OMGAY

Postby Herosbane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I had a couple beers the other night, while playing D&D with my big brother, and called a pair of Feral Centipede Swarms some choice words. I felt bad afterwords.
User avatar
Herosbane
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: OMGAY

Postby Dr.Mellifluous » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Herosbane wrote:I had a couple beers the other night, while playing D&D with my big brother, and called a pair of Feral Centipede Swarms some choice words. I felt bad afterwords.


I have the same problem with bugbears. Fucking bugbears.
a particle is a thing in itself. a wave is a disturbance in something else. waves themselves are probably not disturbed.
User avatar
Dr.Mellifluous
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Pornosophically Philotheologising

PreviousNext

Return to The Bloody Stump

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron