Is there anything good about men?

All discussions regarding politics, religion, philosophy, science, cake and related subjects should be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Is there anything good about men?

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 am

unwichtig wrote:When my friends talk about die Schwarz-gelbe Koalition, I know schwarz -> CDU. But what is the gelb?

gelb (yellow) is the colour of FDP, Freie Demokratische Partei (Free Democratic Party).
schwarz (black) is the color of the two sister parties:
CDU, Christlich Demokratische Union (Christian Democratic Union)
and CSU, Christlich Soziale Union (Christian Social Union)

CDU/CSU and FDP have traditionally close relationship for coalition.

The constellation of this election is special in two ways:
1. It is known that CDU/CSU and their opponents the SPD are traditionally the two biggest parties by far, they are thus called parties of the people (Volksparteien), and are pillars of stabilization in the political landscape.
However in the last few elections a trend has been shown in that the big parties drastically dwindle away, and many smaller parties strongly grow. Most predominantly this was shown by the SPD massively losing votes like never before, (down to somewhere 25%), and CDU/CSU stagnating on a very low level, barely holding for now (at about 33%.) Some say that it may be the beginning of the end of big parties, and that the voters will disperse into special interest small parties, and that future coalitions and politics will be less stable. We will see if the big parties can reinvent and reinvigorate themselves.

2. In the past when CDU/CSU made coalition with FDP, the Christian parties were like five times bigger than the neocons, and could keep them somewhat in check with their demands. However this time, the FDP grew to be half the size (somewhere 15%) of the christians, this is unprecedented, and thus they will be much better able to push through their radical goals than ever before.. this will be interesting to say the least..

However when I criticize these parties keep in mind this:
They are not even close anywhere to what Republican currently are in the US, something as ridiculous as Fox News simply does not exist over here (kinda sad too, it does have its fair share of entertainment value..). When I talk bad about them it really is a luxury problem in comparison. Merkel about whom I joked earlier really isn't that bad, she has her fair share of problems yes, but quite frankly she is way more desirable to have than about 99% other statemen worldwide: She is actually a very smart person that takes alot time to think things through (some say too much time, she should act more decisive and faster.. or at all), and although being the daughter of a pastor about which I joked earlier, she is also an accomplished scientists of physics, and you would never see her endorsing Intelligent Design or pushing christian agenda into classroom or something such stupid, in the contrary she will likely strengthen science, you wouldn't actually believe she was christian unless someone told you. However what she lacks in craziness, some of her colleagues and ministers certainly make more than up for.. Maybe she will be able to keep them and the FDP in check despite their new found strength, but she is more known for her ability to moderate than to demonstrate power.

So in conclusion I say this:
What will this new government mean for Germany and Europe? I can't say I'm enthusiastic, but although the things I discussed and criticized earlier are true, this does not necessarily mean things will be bad. This is another of those strange things in life that don't make sense: sometimes even true things have no bearing on how the future will play out, and we should be thankful for that, it spices life up. The christian parties have their fair share of scary crazy wackos, big surprise there, but curiously the wackos of neocons and christian actually often cancel each other out over here for a fairly moderate approach.
What will this gov mean for relationships to the US? Couldn't be any better than that, sometimes you'd almost think the FDP would like to immigrate there to be in eternal love with the republicans, I certainly wouldn't hold them back..

So what's the outlook? Don't know, don't care anymore. What I wanted to say about the bank fiasco, I said, and that's about it.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Summary:
Too many discussions and investigations approach the finance crash as a natural disaster, likened to an earthquake or hurricane, instead as the eventual result of a crime, likened to a pyramid fraud, and thus concentrate too much on studying events and mechanics rather than heads and schemes, and on doing a clean-up and reconstruction rather than justice and law adaption--it is a disaster but by deliberate design not exempt by force majeure clause; the financial system must provide for accountability.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:46 am

My my, what do I find today.

You set quite a funny little surprise there up for me, didn'tcha, Willy?
and such a great sense of humour too.
blacklisting good ol' spamming RAV.
that's real cute.

So how ya feelin' today, pal, real good huh?
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Dr.Willy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Werder won, weekend getting closer, mood levels stable.
Dr.Willy

Postby unwichtig » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Aha, thank you for the clarification!
unwichtig

Postby Dr.Willy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm

I was gonna draw a graph estimating a peak of happiness for about tomorrow 4pm, but that didnt fit in twitter.
Dr.Willy

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:10 pm

The only graph I draw to show my happiness is my erected penis, the throbbing tip the estimated peak.
And I agree with you, I have the same problem, making that graph fit into things.
Oh woe to us men, we are not made for modernity.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm

There are times when I feel stranger to my home, that even after all these years, I am not known. But I must say, my dear Willy, that despite all the outlandish rage, the insults, abuse and not to forget the baseless accusations, you kept pretty serene and smart. That shows some class. Enjoy your stay, my willing man.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Dr.Willy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 pm

RageAgainstVoid wrote:And I agree with you, I have the same problem, making that graph fit into things.

told ya

RageAgainstVoid wrote:Enjoy your stay, my willing man.

Mit Freuden bin ich Euer Gast, Vestalin.
Dr.Willy

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

watch your hands
be gentle, and have mercy
that when they bury me alive
again, I want to feel it has been worth it.
RageAgainstVoid

Previous

Return to The Bloody Stump