Rav's Rammblings(The wonderful world of void)

Blow and lehold! He spake unto you in parabullshit, saying varily and foresooth: go fourth and uniply.

Moderator: RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:41 am

uhm.. is that blood dripping outta my nose?
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 am

Why is it called Computer Science in English?
It´s like calling surgery Scalpel Science.
We call it Informatics over here, like information + mathematics.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 am

This thread is the best thread ever.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:04 am

Those informatics books are they too thick.
Here I sit and read about modelation and specification methods, modular programming, abstract data types, pointer structures, traversing methods, systematic class construction, interfaces, scene graphs, beamtrees and god knows what still will soon make my brain bleed.. and all I wanted is getting my damn game started and kicking ass.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:09 am

I´m using an ass-backwards programming language with no support and community. But it totally kicks ass. But if I weren´t such a Alternative Whore I would just use Microsofts C# and XNA and we could get it running on computer and Xbox360.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:12 am

I´m currently thinking if we would call it Tides of Blood: Unleashed, or use the Tob Crews awesome The Five Rings. perhaps T5R: Unlimited. After all we need some nifty word addition to signal our getting rid of fat cooprations dependency keeping us down.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:13 am

Man it´s gonna be such a weird game.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:24 am

But the good thing is that I just found out that I can access C .dll s, but then I loose my beloved memory savety. But otherwise, if something happenes, I immediately knew where to lay blame anyway.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 am

Man I lost too much weight because of buying those damn books. I´m looking like a goddamn skelleton. They are so thick I wished I could eat them instead and be done.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:29 am

But the excitement keeps me going. It´s just too awesome what´s gonna happen.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 am

Programming Language is a another stupid name.
We should all call it Plankalkül. plan calculus. I think Zuse came up with that one. Man those scientists of the old days were some freaking pimps.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Mon May 12, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 am

But at least it´s becoming a little bit more popular to say instead of that rediculous Artificial Intelligenz rather Autonomous Agents. The guy coming up with that is totally Gangsta.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 am

So now I´m at systematic savety in dynamic object handling. The crowd is raging in excitement. I´m sure the guy who wrote that one that is rotating 10000 rpm in his chair.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby CrashTestMole » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 am

its hard to keep up with this thread
CrashTestMole

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 am

I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING MASTER OF MY DOMAIN! HUSH!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 am

Yeah right
I wish my balls could Polymorph as much as this shit. There sure is enough loads of Inheritance in them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

Someone make a good joke about covariance problems. Cuz I´m not laughing yet.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 am

Few people know that there are actually over eighty maths on this world. They are pretty distinct in methodology, similar to languages. You see, language, math, music, dance, arts at large, even humor, these are human culture techniques, and as such they are developed to satisfy human needs. But human needs are dependent on the environment he lives in, both in geography and time. There are many ways to understand numbers and their sorting and geometrical forms, thus math like any other culture technique can be accessed from pretty amazingly different angles. For instance women in India make amazing pictures of geometrical forms on the floor before their houses with very strange geometrical methodologies that are very effective. It´s not that they found another Pi, yet their strategies are very distinct. This is similar to human languages. Their whole approach to geometry is that it is a holy knowledge how to mesmerize and forever capture demons within those hypnotizing systems of forms, so that those cannot enter their houses. All their pretty effective methods came from this point of view. Of course Westerners would only laugh about mythological approach. I think it´s the most amazing idea to use math for. It´s actually how I now decided to think about programming. I no longer think about numbers. I think about demons that I somehow want to trick, hypnotize and enslave for my bidding.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:06 am

Though seriously.. when you have to chew through extremely exciting chapters such as error diagnosis, your demonic imagination starts to thin out quickly... shit like that turns you yourself into an hysteric demon raging behind your desk.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 am

Seriously what kind of asshole writes chapters about error diagnosis. Is he human? Did he chew off his hands after this dispicable atrocity?
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:24 am

Remember seeing this one name once on B-net, MyEyesAreBleeding. it was a good name.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:29 am

Holy hell, look at that! Another page! I´m like a whole forum on my own!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah, I should do a RSS feed or something.
Hah, I just decided on graphics style for the first release. Not that I´m anywhere close there. I guess I have to take out my organs and put them in jars to continue reading as Lich after which I implant them back. Why? Cuz I´m prolly not gonna survive this shit another way.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:26 am

I should probably mention that the game is a complementation to the ToB project. It´s a RPG that has never been done this way. While the actual ToB continued on Blizzard engines is all out PvP, this RPG starts out as most interesting single player and coop done yet and may eventually develop into ToB PvP later on (I already know how it would fit in). But I would only develop this farther if I could offer every current ToB member those tools they need to also be active on the new game if they chose so. But other than that I first and foremost expect it to be its own complementary thing under the hood of the ToB project. So all kinds of mad ideas that would never be possible on Blizzard engines can be done there. I want to try and do it OpenGL accelerated but 2D, this means bitmaps that are internally textures of polygons. I do this of course for the greatest speeds, worlds and monster onslaught ever done with mass performance headroom for much more important shit that got way too neglected in other RPGs, and because the complexity of a real 3D engine with advanced scene graphs and all kinds of effects is just too much for now. I have written so much about its design while reading my boring shit, my fingers bleed as much as my eyes.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:51 am

But who knows, perhaps it turns out going full 3D is not that big a deal. While OpenGL is no vodoo magic that creates engines from alone, the simple gfx direction that I have in mind might be very well done without much trouble. Time tells.
RageAgainstVoid

PreviousNext

Return to RAVings of a Madman