Ok, I spamed this thread with dozens of little idea posts which I now deleted myself and put their content together in this single post before your crying makes my ears explode:
Buying globals with blood was a very fitting suggestion, Ribbum.
Hrm, I wonder how you came up with that.
EMO CONFESSIONS--->*slit wrists*--->Blood
Ok, I finalized the feature description:
A shop called "CONFESSIONS" is located in a terrain corner that slightly resembles a closet.
The shop looks like some kind of altar. Next to it, two characters are standing left and right, a paladin and a shadowhunter stockmodel. The paladin is called Brady, the shadowhunter is called Lance.
Clicking the altar let´s the shop offer global spells for activation.
Global Spell Descriptions
Costs 99 Blood.
Your furious fists shake up to the sky before you slit your wrists and confess.
- The caster removes himself from the game for one minute.
- His team´s spell effectivity doubles for the time.
Gay for Brady
Costs 69 Blood.
With heat in your pants you slit your wrists and confess.
- Enemy armor is ignored by the caster and all his team for one minute.
Rejection of the Onion
Costs 36 Blood
Tears in your eyes you slit your wrists and confess.
- Friendly Fire is activated for both teams for one minute.
"Show me on this fish where he touched you"
Trembling in emotions you point on the fish and die in shame.
- When at least four team members point on the fish, the enemy team wins and the map restarts immediately.
- The number of clicks necessary is reduced with dropped teammates.
- There is a certain time to accumulate the minimum votes after which the votecast must be restarted. This time is equal to the respawn timer of the player who started a vote cycle.
Shop Casting Description
When a global spell is activated, all offered spells are on cooldown for the duration of the activated spell, except the fish which always stays accessible. The player who activated the global and thus confessed recieves absolution, again except clicking on the fish which is beyond any absolution.
Absolution is a healing spell effect that completely heals the player, and the casting is done by one of the two characters standing next to the shop; in the case of an ALLIED player as costumer, the paladin casts an holy light animation on the player; in the case of an UD player, the shadowhunter casts an healing wave animation on the player.
Specialities in the casting process
Absolution is given at the end of the global spell when the Hate duration ends. The global spell effect is visibly introduced by making the player unusable, invincible, transforming him into a firelord stockmodel and keeping him doing a casting animation which makes his fists shake up to the sky in hate.
Gay for Brady and Rejection of the Onion
Absolution is given at the beginning of the global spell according to the motto "Admitting is the first step to betterment"; The spell effect of absolution is also the visible introduction for the global spell effect.
"Show me on this fish where he touched you"
When a player clicks on the fish, the enemy team recieves twice the normal bounty blood for killing players, so that makes 12 blood. This discourages escapees trying to deny bounty blood by clicking the fish for death before an upcoming event of inevitable death by the hands of the enemy team. The player dies without any spell effects what-so-ever and is normally put into the respawn queue; the votecast is updated; the current shop cooldown status stays unchanged. Only the first voter of a cycle broadcasts a corresponding message with his name and sound. His team-mates voting within the same vote cycle die silently.
Global Sounds and Messages
Whenever somemone buys one of these global effects, an alerting sound is played for all players as well as a written message given to each of them, both signaling the begin and the end of a global effect. I DREAM OF RIBBUM. Sounds and messages apear in unique pairs. The Written messages carry the name of the player who activated the global spell, as demonstrated with this completely random name example:
Written message headline
ATTENTION TO EMO CONFESSION--written message
"I WILL REDUCE ALL TO ASHES!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM IS A HATER.--written message
"*water flush sound* *high pitched voice* HEY, THAT WASN´T FUNNY!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL HOLLOW ON THE INSIDE.--written message
Gay for Brady begin
"TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE!"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM IS GAY FOR BRADY.--written message
Gay for Brady end
"I WANT TO BE YOUR SLEDGE HAMMER"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL CONFUSED ON THE INSIDE.--written message
Rejection of the Onion begin
"WANT TO SEE SOMETHING REAL SCARY?"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM REJECTS THE ONION.--written message
Rejection of the Onion end
"STOP WHINING"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL ALONE ON THE INSIDE--written message
Fish (Votecast) begin
"UUUUUUH.. BABY!"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM SHOWED THE PRIEST WHERE YOU TOUCHED HIM.--written message
Fish (Votecast) end success
"WHO BE MY NEXT VICTIM?"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM (and.. and.. and.. ) FEEL(S) ALL DEAD ON THE INSIDE."--written message
Fish (Votecast) end fail
"YOU LACK DISCIPLINE."--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM (and.. and.. and.. ) FEEL(S) ALL USELESS ON THE INSIDE."--written message
- Humerous note: in Gay For Brady, Brady rejects the player in the soundset, thus the player runs rampant with unfulfilled gay love through the map, giving him and his team the armor piercing attacks for one minute. At the end of the effect, the paladin soundset subtle indicates that he became pretty impressed by the player´s performance and is now interested. So confusing feelings!
- Friendly Fire means that the AoE Dmg and effects of any spells also apply to the caster´s teammates; the caster himself is not affected by his own spell.
- Remember, after the first fish commitment for immediate map-restart there is a certain time in which the teammates also have to commit to the fish for the minimum votes, else the votecast must be restarted again with a first fish commitment.
- It is not necessary to track unique votes for the players. Although in principle one player could alone cause a map restart by voting several times, this won´t happen since he will die everytime and be put in the respawn queue. Only either the respawn-time or the votecast-time for minimum votes have to be adapted such that one player has not the time to make another vote. It should be enough to set the time for minimum votes equal to the respawn time of the hero who chose the fish first to start a new vote cycle. This way his respawn timer also serves as vote countdown for the other players.
- Adding up the name strings of the voters while within the vote-cycle and connecting them to the final string upon vote-end should not be difficult and still does not require unique vote tracking. There just needs to be an alternate "FEELS" and "FEEL" string to add upon vote-end depending on if more than one voted.
THANK YOU RIBBUM FOR SPARKING ON THIS AWESOME GLOBALS REQUEST.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid
on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.