Rav's Rammblings(The wonderful world of void)

Blow and lehold! He spake unto you in parabullshit, saying varily and foresooth: go fourth and uniply.

Moderator: RageAgainstVoid

Rav's Rammblings(The wonderful world of void)

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 am

ahahaha, I have one global! the most global of all globals.
On hero selection, the first one to pick the dwarf makes all those other slow-pickers see erwt´s big fat "PWNT" animation all over their screen. A herald of looming kickassery.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Agreed.

Global Buff:
HATE
- The caster removes himself from the game for one minute.
- His team´s spell effectivity doubles for the time.

Global Debuff:
GAY FOR BRADY
- Enemy armor is ignored for one minute.

Global Effect:
SCENT OF THE ONION
- Friendly fire is activated.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 am

Ok, I spamed this thread with dozens of little idea posts which I now deleted myself and put their content together in this single post before your crying makes my ears explode:

Buying globals with blood was a very fitting suggestion, Ribbum.
Hrm, I wonder how you came up with that.
EMO CONFESSIONS--->*slit wrists*--->Blood

Ok, I finalized the feature description:

Confessions

A shop called "CONFESSIONS" is located in a terrain corner that slightly resembles a closet.
The shop looks like some kind of altar. Next to it, two characters are standing left and right, a paladin and a shadowhunter stockmodel. The paladin is called Brady, the shadowhunter is called Lance.
Clicking the altar let´s the shop offer global spells for activation.

Global Spell Descriptions

Hate
Costs 99 Blood.

Your furious fists shake up to the sky before you slit your wrists and confess.

- The caster removes himself from the game for one minute.
- His team´s spell effectivity doubles for the time.

Gay for Brady
Costs 69 Blood.

With heat in your pants you slit your wrists and confess.

- Enemy armor is ignored by the caster and all his team for one minute.

Rejection of the Onion
Costs 36 Blood

Tears in your eyes you slit your wrists and confess.

- Friendly Fire is activated for both teams for one minute.

"Show me on this fish where he touched you"
Costs Life.

Trembling in emotions you point on the fish and die in shame.

- When at least four team members point on the fish, the enemy team wins and the map restarts immediately.
- The number of clicks necessary is reduced with dropped teammates.
- There is a certain time to accumulate the minimum votes after which the votecast must be restarted. This time is equal to the respawn timer of the player who started a vote cycle.

Shop Casting Description

When a global spell is activated, all offered spells are on cooldown for the duration of the activated spell, except the fish which always stays accessible. The player who activated the global and thus confessed recieves absolution, again except clicking on the fish which is beyond any absolution.
Absolution is a healing spell effect that completely heals the player, and the casting is done by one of the two characters standing next to the shop; in the case of an ALLIED player as costumer, the paladin casts an holy light animation on the player; in the case of an UD player, the shadowhunter casts an healing wave animation on the player.

Specialities in the casting process

Hate
Absolution is given at the end of the global spell when the Hate duration ends. The global spell effect is visibly introduced by making the player unusable, invincible, transforming him into a firelord stockmodel and keeping him doing a casting animation which makes his fists shake up to the sky in hate.

Gay for Brady and Rejection of the Onion
Absolution is given at the beginning of the global spell according to the motto "Admitting is the first step to betterment"; The spell effect of absolution is also the visible introduction for the global spell effect.

"Show me on this fish where he touched you"
When a player clicks on the fish, the enemy team recieves twice the normal bounty blood for killing players, so that makes 12 blood. This discourages escapees trying to deny bounty blood by clicking the fish for death before an upcoming event of inevitable death by the hands of the enemy team. The player dies without any spell effects what-so-ever and is normally put into the respawn queue; the votecast is updated; the current shop cooldown status stays unchanged. Only the first voter of a cycle broadcasts a corresponding message with his name and sound. His team-mates voting within the same vote cycle die silently.

Global Sounds and Messages

Whenever somemone buys one of these global effects, an alerting sound is played for all players as well as a written message given to each of them, both signaling the begin and the end of a global effect. I DREAM OF RIBBUM. Sounds and messages apear in unique pairs. The Written messages carry the name of the player who activated the global spell, as demonstrated with this completely random name example:

Written message headline
ATTENTION TO EMO CONFESSION--written message

combined with

Hate begin
"I WILL REDUCE ALL TO ASHES!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM IS A HATER.--written message

Hate end
"*water flush sound* *high pitched voice* HEY, THAT WASN´T FUNNY!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL HOLLOW ON THE INSIDE.--written message

or

Gay for Brady begin
"TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE!"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM IS GAY FOR BRADY.--written message

Gay for Brady end
"I WANT TO BE YOUR SLEDGE HAMMER"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL CONFUSED ON THE INSIDE.--written message

or

Rejection of the Onion begin
"WANT TO SEE SOMETHING REAL SCARY?"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM REJECTS THE ONION.--written message

Rejection of the Onion end
"STOP WHINING"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL ALONE ON THE INSIDE--written message

or

Fish (Votecast) begin
"UUUUUUH.. BABY!"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM SHOWED THE PRIEST WHERE YOU TOUCHED HIM.--written message

Fish (Votecast) end success
"WHO BE MY NEXT VICTIM?"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM (and.. and.. and.. ) FEEL(S) ALL DEAD ON THE INSIDE."--written message

Fish (Votecast) end fail
"YOU LACK DISCIPLINE."--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM (and.. and.. and.. ) FEEL(S) ALL USELESS ON THE INSIDE."--written message

Remarks

- Humerous note: in Gay For Brady, Brady rejects the player in the soundset, thus the player runs rampant with unfulfilled gay love through the map, giving him and his team the armor piercing attacks for one minute. At the end of the effect, the paladin soundset subtle indicates that he became pretty impressed by the player´s performance and is now interested. So confusing feelings!
- Friendly Fire means that the AoE Dmg and effects of any spells also apply to the caster´s teammates; the caster himself is not affected by his own spell.
- Remember, after the first fish commitment for immediate map-restart there is a certain time in which the teammates also have to commit to the fish for the minimum votes, else the votecast must be restarted again with a first fish commitment.
- It is not necessary to track unique votes for the players. Although in principle one player could alone cause a map restart by voting several times, this won´t happen since he will die everytime and be put in the respawn queue. Only either the respawn-time or the votecast-time for minimum votes have to be adapted such that one player has not the time to make another vote. It should be enough to set the time for minimum votes equal to the respawn time of the hero who chose the fish first to start a new vote cycle. This way his respawn timer also serves as vote countdown for the other players.
- Adding up the name strings of the voters while within the vote-cycle and connecting them to the final string upon vote-end should not be difficult and still does not require unique vote tracking. There just needs to be an alternate "FEELS" and "FEEL" string to add upon vote-end depending on if more than one voted.

THANK YOU RIBBUM FOR SPARKING ON THIS AWESOME GLOBALS REQUEST.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 32 times in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 pm

I merged my posts again.

1. I updated the above post with information about shop cooldown and spell effect.

2. I specified that the fish does not cause the shop spell effect and it does not change current shop cooldown status; the fish itself always stays activatable regardless of other cooldowns.

3. Changed "Scent of the Onion" to "Rejection of the Onion".

4.Removed the "ON A FISH" from the global message "RIBBUM SHOWED THE PRIEST ON A FISH WHERE YOU TOUCHED HIM"; it flows better (of course the spell name itself keeps the "ON A FISH")

5. Replaced the Gong sound with the shop-paladin´s "TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE" when alerting all players of a global spell.

6. Specified the GAY FOR BRADY global so that the caster and also all his team ignore the enemy armor for one minute.

Furthermore I want to point at an interesting dynamic with The Rejection Of the Onion:
When I say that friendly fire is activated for both teams, I would wish it implemented in such a way, that really the area dmg spells, such as Phoenix Wake, Dotm´s current ultimate, Pory´s spike ultimate and even Mephostophiles´ Red Death actually target everyone including own team member for this one minute. This is more advanced than just having the ability to "attack-move" on the own members. I don´t know if this is possible. It looks to add depth in gaining a short advantage against a team that is too strong at AoE.
Also if this is any worth for overcoming implementation difficulties, GAY FOR BRADY could also be so interpreted that the enemy team suffers an invisible map wide aura which sets their armor value to 0.
Also, when in HATE the "caster removes himself for one minute" could also be made so that the player is uncontrollable and invincible and just stands there with the shop-paladin for one minute, while his team-members gain their benefit from this situation (as described in the spell of course!).

I don´t even know why I bother with these details, ahahaha. It´s just too damn funny than to refrain from flashing this completely out. RIBBUM WHY HATH THOU BESTOWED US WITH SUCH MANIFOLD SUFFOCATIONS!? WHY!!!???
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:58 pm

OH THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
In situational combat, when good players foresee an inevitable death they may get the idea to flee to the shop and click the fish, thus die and deny the other team their blood.
To stop this, whenever one clicks the fish and dies, the other team recieves double the normal blood: 12. If you have assholes in your team that want to give the other team this blood on purpose, they could do so anway in countless ways without this feature, so that´s no real argument against this. Assholes are assholes.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby o » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:05 pm

lol you supposedly merged posts and still ended up triple posting. You really gotta cut back on the tob forum posting.
o

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:06 pm

QUICK! Everyone take cover! Shitting Asshole got pressure again!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Mengde » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 pm

o wrote:lol you supposedly merged posts and still ended up triple posting. You really gotta cut back on the tob forum posting.

You'll even win at irony! AAAAAAAAAAAH top score!
I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame; it doesn't mean I don't desire
To point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
Mengde

Postby RibbuM » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:17 pm

AIDS
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Perhaps from Brady.
But I´m not the one after him!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Though when friendly fire is on, the caster of a spell himself should probably stay immune to his own spells. Many spells would just become too fucked otherwise. Unless every spell is handcrafted to cope with this in another way, but that may be too much trouble.

(maybe natural to implement this way anyway, but I think it is better having such details explicitely spelled out)
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Haha, how about this:
As said, when in HATE the player gets made unusable and invincible.
Additionally his model is turned into the firelord and he makes this volcano cast animation all the time for his one minute game break--you know.. *shaking fists up to the sky in hate* (haven´t checked if it looks as fitting as I imagine. But perhaps it would be even more fitting to have the dreadlord do his cast animation where he rises his hands? He may look more EMO.)

Additonally the Global messages are introduced each with a unique sound:

HATE
firelord sound "I WILL REDUCE ALL TO ASHES!"

GAY FOR BRADY
paladin´s: "TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE!"

REJECTION OF THE ONION
shadowhunter: "STOP WHINING!

FISH:
shadowhunter: "UUUUUUH.. BABY!"
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am

It might be fitting that the player first does his one minute HATE Anouncement/transformation/animation and the teammates gaining their advantage, and only at the end of it the paladin makes his absolution Holy light spell effect that heals.

The other two (fish not counting) are a case of "Admitting it is the first way to betterment" and thus he starts the Global effect with the holy light. HAH!

Perhaps two of those emo shops, one for each team, may fit as well?
UD gets a stock shadowhunter that does healingwave animation for spell effect (only affecting the one costumer). This may also fit that we have soundsets of paladin and shadowhunter.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am

AHAHAHAHAH WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! EVEN BETTER!!!!

The actual shop is some kind of altar, and the paladin and shadowhunter models stay on each side next to it. This means you buy by clicking the altar, but one of the two characters next to it does the spell effect!
EVEN BETTER! When an ALLIED buys, it is the paladin who automatically casts, when an UD buys it is the shadowhunter who casts!

This makes sense with the soundsets, because they both comment on stuff!
And it gets even better! The characters have names!
The paladin is called BRADY! And because in GAY FOR BRADY the paladin rejects the player in the soundset, the player runs rampant with unsatisfied gay lust thus piercing any armor for one minute!
I don´t know how we call the shadowhunter yet!

So we are at one neutral shop somewhere in a closet region on the map again, and it makes sense!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Mr Anthrax » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:34 am

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!
Mr Anthrax

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am

HAHAHA!

I made it so that each global effect has an INTRODUCTION AND END in both sound and written message!

Written message headline
ATTENTION TO EMO CONFESSION--written message

combined with

Hate begin
"I WILL REDUCE ALL TO ASHES!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM IS A HATER.--written message

Hate end
"*water flush sound* *high pitched voice* HEY, THAT WASN´T FUNNY!"--stock firelord sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL HOLLOW ON THE INSIDE.--written message

or

Gay for Brady begin
"TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE!"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM IS GAY FOR BRADY.--written message

Gay for Brady end
"I WANT TO BE YOUR SLEDGE HAMMER"--stock paladin sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL CONFUSED ON THE INSIDE.--written message

or

Rejection of the Onion begin
"WANT TO SEE SOMETHING REAL SCARY?"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM REJECTS THE ONION.--written message

Rejection of the Onion end
"STOP WHINING"--stock shadowhunter sound
RIBBUM FEELS ALL ALONE ON THE INSIDE--written message

or

Fish (Votecast) begin

Fish (Votecast) end
UD or ALLIED FEEL ALL DEAD ON THE INSIDE."--written message
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 am

Hahaha
At the end of the Gay For Brady effect, the paladin soundset subtle indicates that he became pretty impressed by the player´s performance and is now interested. But now the poor player is all spent and totally confused!

I updated my original post at the beginning of this page to include all those important improvements of my last posts in a more concise way.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 am

Ok, I made it so that there are two alternating messages for the Fish with the map-restart votecast succeding or failing. Remember, after the first fish commitment there is one minute for the teammates to commit to the fish as well for the minimum votes, else the votecast must be restarted again with a first vote.

Fish (Votecast) begin

Fish (Votecast) end success
UD or ALLIED FEEL ALL DEAD ON THE INSIDE."--written message

Fish (Votecast) end fail
"YOU LACK DISCIPLINE."--stock shadowhunter sound
UD or ALLIED FEEL ALL USELESS ON THE INSIDE."--written message
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:35 am

I also want to mention something about the implementation of the vote system.
It is not necessary to track unique votes for the players. Although in principle one player could alone cause a map restart by voting several times, this won´t happen since he will die everytime and be put in the respawn queue. Only either the respawn-time or the votecast-time for minimum votes have to be adapted such that one player has not the time to make another vote.

Also I want to reason the whole Absolution effect deal:
I think that feedback on a player´s actions is a satisfying thing. Every distinct action should have its unique feedback, even on more than one way if practical.
Just as the other players have distinctive audio and text signals for each effect, I think the actual player who activated it should also have an additional visual effect. The Holy Light/HealingWave Absolution effect achieves that satisfyingly without too much wizz-bang; it makes sense with the whole idea of this thing.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby CrashTestMole » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 am

My god rav you are fucking awesome
CrashTestMole

Postby theboogleman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:00 am

Holy fuck can you write one good idea rather than just type every bit of shit that comes into your head? Or how about I just move all your posts into a thread called "What's in Rav's head". It's like the old panda forum except no one will read it but atleast you get to vent.
theboogleman

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:41 am

boogleman wrote:Holy fuck can you write one good idea
Sorry, but I feel unable to just write one good idea. I´m not the type of guy who has to go economical about his good ideas. It´s rather that my balls might explode in a supernova.

But otherwise, actually good suggestion, Boog.
I fully agree, there should be a whole forum section called "What´s in RAV´s head?"
And I get the exclusive posting rights.

But nah, I might just look, you know, pompous. God forbid.
I wouldn´t use it anway. I am well more pleased with sodomizing that which is not mine.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:23 am

Mr Anthrax wrote:C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!

You know, I was in such a haze I didn´t even realize what exactly you did there!
Nice one, haha.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:34 am

Just want to adress again the avoidance of unique veto tracking, it´s probably good to make the time for the minimum votes number a function of the current respawn times of the heroes. Hell actually, why not make it simply equal to the respawn timer of the hero who chose the fish first to start a new vote. This way his respawn timer also serves as vote countdown for the other players.

Oh, and I regularly keep updating the starter post to have it all well arranged in one place.
Last edited by RageAgainstVoid on Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby erwtenpeller » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:55 am

dude...
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Next

Return to RAVings of a Madman