Rav's Rammblings(The wonderful world of void)

Blow and lehold! He spake unto you in parabullshit, saying varily and foresooth: go fourth and uniply.

Moderator: RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:49 am

A cool way of doing the water bucket act would also be to introduce a comic like Thought Cloud System usable for about anything in general in the whole game. Why not bring it one step further than what the dwarf´s "pwnt" ability introduced. In the case of the bucket that would mean that for instance over Brady´s head a white thought cloud would pup-up which depicts an overflowing water bucket, and in that moment a water effect would obscure the player model for back-tronsformation from the firelord. Even then transforming into the firelord, a thought cloud over the player model would depict a raging act. It may also be considered to wholly obscure the player model with the Thought Cloud for model transition to save effort of difficult and maybe inferior looking spell effects. In case of the Rejection of the Onion it would be a Thought Cloud over Lance´s head depicting the Weeping Onion that RBM had as avatar in the old forum. This kind of Thought Cloud System abstracts from alot of work in animation and difficult spell effects like thrown water. By the very nature, the player is inspired to fill in the blanks of what just happened, and things still stay convincing. This way of thought in picking up culturally conditioned motives and using them to convincingly inspire The Inner Eye of the player saves development effort and even looks more fun than alot of whiz-bang. Also with this new idea of Thought Cloud Pop-ups and similar techniques, it should be considered to get rid of the shop´s absolution spell effect. Something strikes me as being crappy about the absolution idea, since it seemed too much a hassle to explain when it shows up on which spell and to understand what the whole deal with it is in the first place. Furthermore the Thought Cloud can be used to graphically indicate the end of the global wherever the player is on the map by popping up over his head, which was something that did not make alot of sense with the absolution idea, and I really think it´s better to have Begin and End effects on the Activating Player as feedback in addition to those global messages everyone recieves.

There could be other interesting things to mention but since my entertainment has been interrupted by using greater powers, I will no longer continue. I wish Boogle and Shitting Asshole a great honey moon. I surely hope they won´t break up over the choice whether to use Charmin "Comfort" or Kimberley-Clark "Scott". But greater men have fallen when facing the petty choices of this era.

RAVian AXIOMS
RAV cannot be put down.
RAV is funky and a pain in the ass for the brick-wits, but also in a very strange way reasonable.
When brick-wits in greater power and numbers cannot overcome RAV in fair gameplay and try to put RAV down with unfair methods, RAV moves on to places where he cannot be put down in such ways and thus still is able to ever evolve his amazingly mad wisdom.
RAV does never adapt to the world of brick-wits; RAV does never fit into the mundane.
RAV constructs his own worlds; RAV is Entertainment Show and Amazed Audience in one person.
RAV loves the great and holds their memory most dearly wherever the winds blow him forth.
That which makes RAV all powerful from within is the same reason why RAV must always willingly reject worldly power given into his hands: psychotic sophistication and sophisticated escalation.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:27 am

I don´t know if that was an edit-job or my unconscious typing error, but it was fucking gold that "worldly" came out as "wordly" and if there is anyone else but me capable of coming up with such funny shit, it´s only Cass.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:38 am

And really, regardless of where that came from, occasional hilarity like this is the reason why I probably stay forever stuck here as only forum I´ve ever posted in and only forum I´ll ever post, no matter what dim-wits crack down on me.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:08 am

It´s true. There are legendary "out of the blue" jokes from several people here, also including Harvey, Mendge, Pix, Drayven, Kaz, Sorbo, Zeuter and some more, that no one but those alone could have pulled and missing out on those is just no option.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:08 am

Actually I really like this thread now.
It might become the most amazing thread of all time.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:11 am

But then again, being completely removed from people is not the most stimulating thing ever, so maybe not.
RageAgainstVoid

But the cool thing is that noone here is going to cry about my post attacks.
RageAgainstVoid

It´s also the bad thing.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:16 am

So I guess I´m staying forever stuck here in this thread, huh? Reminds me of last year. This thing here has a white setting too. I guess RAV will always stay locked away somewhere.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Drayven » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:07 am

I enjoy your posts RAV, even if they are over-the-top at times.

What you need to do is do posts in one large piece, keep like notepad open and as ideas come to you put it in the notepad, then at the end of the night you can post it as one rather than 10 posts in a row.

I never cared that you had so many posts in a row, but apparently some people are not fans of it :P

But what is Tides of Blood Forums without the occasional influence from RAV?
Drayven

Postby KStolen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

Yeah I'll admit that as a long time lurker, I always did wonder where you disappeared to one day; for some reason your posts were always interesting and different (although maybe not quite so haphazard as they've become)...so anyway I'll still read your stuff in here all the same.
KStolen

Postby CrashTestMole » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 pm

everyone that bitches about rav is a whining bitch mod or an irrational person
im looking at you shitting asshole
CrashTestMole

Postby theboogleman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:40 pm

RAV's stuff shouldn't be deleted or stopped but I don't think you should just post 3 pages of stuff in one thread and destroy that thread. If you have something interesting to say that's sort of relevant and not 3 pages long then say it, if not just post whatever the fuck you want here.

I actually prefer heaps of small posts, that way I can quickly skim over and get the gist of it. Big walls of texs scurrr me.

*EDIT* Rav I'm sorry if you think all your posts should go in here. If you want to post something relevant then go for it, just don't go overboard please. If you feel the need to just lay down a whole load of posts on nothing in particular then let this be the place to do it, doesn't even need to be this thread but whatever any new one you feel like. It's been brought to my attention that I was unfair and for that i'm sorry.
theboogleman

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Making big, well planed posts has drawn as many complaints as writing many little portions building up something greater. It follows that my talkativeness is not well recieved on principle. Well, I have recieved my fair share of comments on how I make no sense, ramble incoherently and how I litter up the whole forum with stinking, useless crap. But the problem is less that I post so much, it is that few people post anything at all around here, and since I feel the need to say alot, this unfortunate imbalance makes me especially stand out. But this is no new problem, I have been around for many years. One of the new problems is that there are too many moderators and that there is a wide gap in taste between them. I no longer can obliterate in fair game. For instance I just happened to make an amazing find. Someone goes through the effort and ninja-edits all kinds of pretty funny things into some of my posts. It´s actually a pretty funny idea, you know, they are hidden within bigger chunks of texts. First you read on and then *BAM* out of nowhere there comes "My penis is erect." or "LITTLE BOYS PLEASE ME." and then my post goes on as if nothing happened. I must admit I also kinda dig this humor on principle. I wonder how long this has been in. But that´s all not important. It´s not anymore about how I may become more pleasant for some. It´s that for a long time now I still feel too distant from the people I actually like and too close to the people I don´t like. Add to this a new feel of being now at the mercy of brick-wits, and my urge for posting has pretty much evaporated.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby theboogleman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:22 pm

That was me editing btw, I just wanted to see if anyone noticed it. You do raise a point however and I wouldn't mind getting my mod taken away if they felt I wasn't in the right taste.
theboogleman

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:24 pm

This honesty is kinda admirable. It makes me better understand why you are liked. I don´t deem it necessary to revoke your mod. See in my time here I made alot of people be fed up with the forum. Now it´s paytime for me. That´s life and it´s ok. I´ve been around a while, yet I wasn´t here at the prime, but when things went downhill. I´m a player and play as hard as I play fun, but I am not bloodthirsty or unfair. You got a lesson or two, you can now do your thing better and the world moves on. I´ll just stay in my grave, but that I´m in there is not entirely your fault. The circumstances have never been all too well for what I´d liked them to be.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby theboogleman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey man post if you want just watch what threads you feel like owning. Most threads in fast and spurious are fine, especially to do with RBM, also anything serious(philosaphy) that you have an input. So what you have more of an input than most people, just watch which threads.
theboogleman

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:36 am

RAVing Revelation
I have overcome popular mindsets.

I am certain.
I am not religious, nor do I sooth myself with non-existent atheism--believe is everywhere. Faith is glorified as much as it is feared. Instead of marveling or hating at it, I choose to understand faith, induldge it, instrumentalize it on my inner self. I handle faith in ways few see it to be capable of: rooted in nothing, I make it carry everything; blind to the future, I make it see change; flowing all powerful within me, I do not channel it in certain ways; focusing my physical act, I let it expand me in all directions at once within; not wasting it to fight in vain what is already certain, I use it to navigate in the remaining uncertainties of life.

I am complete.
I no longer have to hate and distrust the feeling genius--the unreasonable, unfathomable creator--for not being able to understand itself nor being able to transmit its knowledge for the greater good.
And I no longer have to hate and deny the pondering rationality--the slow, uninspiring vivisector--for not being able to do the impossible and forever staying limited in all its ways.
I have identified the flaws in an unbalanced being raised in an inferior environment. I have overcome my heritage of chance. I have successfully destroyed the artificially constructed borders between gut-feel and rationality. I now create my heritage in all its aspects and with it my future, which I no longer shape by force, but indirectly by shaping me. My gut-feel has become law of the world, the fastest most precise instrument of measurement, the ultimate judge in all things, and my rationality is wholly dedicated to develop me as complete being to yet feel the better judgement, instead of developing systems removed from me that are supposed to judge on my behalf. I turn knowledge to flesh; I regularly shed dead flesh.

I am voice.
I am also an outspoken, uncomfortable person; refraining from the word turns my tools rusty and dull. And with such I cannot evolute my complete being, neither my rationality, nor my gut-feel. Speaking out develops those parts of me that in turn will develop me as a whole. I also develop my environment indirectly; I point to paths. There are people that are curious; others that are bothered. It is not important how my environment relates to me, it is important for my development that it must deal with me. If it manages to wrestle with me in fair ways, it will benefit as much as I do. If it is not capable to spar with me, have fun with me, stay close and in touch with me, if it decides to keep me small, remove me or itself into more comfortable places, keep me chained, keep me channeled, we both loose. Failing me is failing you.

I am conflict.
I am good to have around. It is good to trust me. Trust me over newcomers. Trust me over yourself. Not every trouble is good; the trouble that I do is good; good for me, good for you. Don´t fear a blue eye; get into the ring with me and drink twice the beer thereafter. Know and forget with me; obliterate and be obliterated. Fearing oblivion and obliteration keeps you small and old. Grow or die. Be fate or suffer fate. Don´t fool yourself that life offers a third way--there is none. Don´t deny the fundamental need for bloodshed, but evolve the definition of what bloodshed is. Sophisticate the terms of escalation; let hilarity be your tools of war; wage battle on every field for no other porpuse than to add another scar to yourself and everyone around you.

I am fun.
And no matter what absurdity I induldge, it´s all part of my way. Not everyone acting seemingly similar does what I do. Not everyone deserves the priviledge of acting like I do; people are not equal. Certain principles should not be trespassed upon this uncomfortable realization, but I never have. Anyone who does not understand well what I describe is doomed to die and wander around as zombie of this world. Everyone who had complaints about what I did either is already one or will eventuelly turn into one. Just enforcing well meant laws is nothing, just taking solace in one´s skill is nothing, just having a large vocabular is nothing; just focusing on a work at hand is nothing.

I am friend.
Yet I have to concentrate now for a great while and cease my activity here; what I intend to do requires all my strength and faith. I hope to manifest an idea. In the mean time kick alot of ass, you hear, especially that of foolish newcomers that try to fit in by pretending peaceful usefulness. One who has not proven himself by either real work of contributions to the map, nor ever impressed in battling discussion, has no battle scared husk of any kind to call himself, shall not be worth any heads-up. Hold the namesake of this map up with pride. Let Tides of Blood be your religion.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby GraveI » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 pm

I_dohknow wrote:Holy mother cant read too lazy

But you aren't too lazy to make an even more useless post. Mmm.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby erwtenpeller » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 pm

I think we should call dotms ultimate Rage Against Void.
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Postby theboogleman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Just make a hero called Void and when he gears near other heroes they get unnecessarily angry,
theboogleman

Postby Mr Anthrax » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 am

The Void school of magic is given an Avatar of power, the power to forum post in a TL;DR fashion.
Mr Anthrax

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:32 am

Throwing down a melodramatic show and building up a religion with oneself as messiah and all-important centerpiece in everyone´s life is totally sweet!

GOTCHA!!!
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:37 am

Man I totally feel like ressurected.

so like.. where are the followers, the money and most importantly the whores?
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:39 am

Damn.. being ressurected is not quite as cool as they say.
RageAgainstVoid

PreviousNext

Return to RAVings of a Madman