Warcraft 3 remake incoming

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Warcraft 3 remake incoming

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 am

Well, I remember a couple years back how disappointed I was in Blizz when it seemed they wouldn't do anything but WoW anymore. There were so many things we were waiting for, and it also just seemed so absurd to watch them let everyone else take over the AoS/Moba hype. And then one day they announced that cards game, I remember how I was kinda salty about that, couldn't help but make fun of them. It wasn't that Hearthstone in principle was such a bad idea, it was that in such a long time they had nothing better to show than that in a critical time they should have shown much more important stuff. So yeah, I kinda do understand the currently widespread disappointment from having nothing more than that mobile game, and a remaster, while touting the event as some grand unveiling of something great, of what in reality should have been just a small side announcement. It is weird how they miscalculated their core fans on an event like Blizzcon. But still, what surprises me even more is that I personally just don't actually care that much either way at this point.

Meanwhile, League of Legends are winning the internet with their recent pop music tie in (40 million views in a week, 99% positive votes):

I am a bit unsure what Blizz expects from their War3 remaster, seeing how the genre has developed since Leagues etc.
but hey... ya know... it's cool. Can't help but probably gonna play some.

It's so weird that to this day I have never played Leagues or Dota2 or any other of it, since ToB stopped. I don't actually think that bad of those games, and boy oh boy has much happened ever since. So I am kinda surprised myself I never got into it.

The one thing I kinda do regret though is that I never got into Minecraft. x_X Still to this day haven't played that one myself, lol. And I actually think that's a shame. I even think we should have migrated there as a gaming group, I think we would have had some good fun with that one. Lot's of funny crap going on there, mods and such. Cool to hang with each other in Teamspeak/Discord while chillin and playin, I imagine. Oh well. Now is now, and now I just don't know anymore what to play.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Merlin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Shieet
Merlin

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:09 pm

:D
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby herbyhancok » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:52 am

RageAgainstVoid wrote:Fun times! :mrgreen:

If you got time to burn, Grubby did a live stream playtest of this remaster, you can watch the recorded version here.

From what I hear, importing and running old maps should well be possible.
You can also switch between old graphics and new graphics in this remaster, kinda like with the Starcraft1 remaster.
That would somewhat address the problem with the existing library of community created content.

The old WC3Campaigns community seems pretty dead nowadays, but in the Hive Workshop they are discussing this.
- Same engine as classic WC3, current engine upgraded (confirmed),
- On Battle.Net Launcher (confirmed),
- Crossplay between Reforged and Classic (confirmed),
- In options, you can choose to play with old graphics (confirmed),
- Classic mods compatible on Reforged (confirmed),
- Reforged includes ROC & TFT campaigns (confirmed),
- "Skins" and cosmetics, Paladin can be either Arthas, Uther, Arthas /w Frostmourne... (confirmed)
- Released in 2019 (confirmed),
- Founding of Durotar "revamp" (confirmed) and probably more (not confirmed),
- New editor can import old maps (confirmed),
- Old map will load HD models (confirmed),
- Animated trees (confirmed and seen),
- Frozen Throne getting remastered as well (confirmed),
- Audio will be upgraded, in every language Classic had and even more (re-recording with the same old actors) (confirmed),
- Old audio will still be in the game (confirmed),
- Achievements system (confirmed),
- New editor will be an improved version of the current editor (confirmed),
- Melee gameplay *mostly* unaffected (confirmed),
- New races ("Can't comment."),
- Balancing will continue to happen post-Reforged (confirmed),
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed),
- No subtitle / textbox in cinematic-mode ?
- Inventory size being looked at (more than 6) (confirmed),
- Old cheat codes work (confirmed).

Can I still create and dissolve clans every other week?
herbyhancok

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 am

with great vengeance.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RibbuM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:13 pm

We're all old now.

I'm about to turn 36.

But uh... yeah. Hi.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 am

Ho. hohoho. hoe.
RageAgainstVoid

Previous

Return to The Fast and the Spurious