And when you thought you've seen it all...

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

And when you thought you've seen it all...

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:52 am

Remember the War3 map NOTD? Nice dudes I guess? Made a cool interview with Cass?

Yeah... they are... kickstarting... NOTD2... as a map for SC2...

I know, I know... "oh man, you can't be serious...*rolleyes*"

But it's not a fortune they're asking for, and if people are having fun enough to pay that... time is time, work is work. What makes this a bit more than an absurd fluke is this:

free to play -- no Starcraft II purchase necessary wrote:Yes indeed! With Patch 2.1, Starcraft II's Arcade is going free to play. All you'll need is to download the Starter Edition (which is free) to access NOTD II and the rest of the content on the Arcade.

Now that's an interesting move from Blizzard, and good try for NOTD guys.

Well let's see how that turns out.
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Re: And when you thought you've seen it all...

Postby Cassiel » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:30 pm

If we'd gotten Aeon of Blood off the ground I would've happily used ransom publishing to pay artists and move things along on a version-to-version basis. No harm in that.

However, looking at this project's list of creators, I don't see anyone involved with the original NOTD maps (Clan FM's or Pipedream's). Nothing makes me want to sling polysyllabic fighting words on the internet more than wannabes cashing in on other people's work.
Cassiel

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:57 am

Yeah, with ToB/AoB specifically I can imagine that. The track record of original effort is there. What made this a difficult proposition at first is the dependency on Blizzard and the additional price/trouble of SC2 to begin with. Especially the later means you need to depend mostly on reputation with hardcore fans for starters. I believe ToB could have gathered a lot more than whatever they do... heck, we had individuals offering double that money. o_O;

But that Sc2 Arcade becomes f2p/slim client changes a lot; almost making it a stand-alone engine plus free infrastructure service. Now we're talking... just that since you notice none of the original people work on this "NOTD2" makes the whole thing a farce in this case, fuck that shit.
Alert and oriented.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Zeuter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:26 am

Oh, how fun a new FMVH would be. I found NOTD to be incredibly boring.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Return to The Fast and the Spurious