So, about that Dota 2...

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: So, about that Dota 2...

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 am

Kaz wrote:Let us build a glorious new nation where trolling chinese dota games is the national pastime.
:mrgreen: Maybe there is no truer way to learn about game design than to troll hard chinese dota games.
Do it for science! :mrgreen:
Zeuter wrote:pollution. Ask how bad the smog is.
:cry: :?:
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 am

I still haven't found how to write Mao Zhedong is a homo in chinese.
Kaz

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Imagine in-game chat with integrated google translate. :shock:

Every man ought to understand that he's a goddamn faggot first, if any progress is to be made.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Kaz wrote:Let us build a glorious new nation where trolling chinese dota games is the national pastime.

I didn't know anyone still used them ever since the Chinese got the Perfect World server. Amazing.

Also the amount of terrible SEA/Russian players who go on the Australian server is baffling.
HOSK CLAN: CLAN HOSK
Deacon (AYC)

Postby Zeuter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 am

For some reason there are a lot of Chinese players on the European servers. They tend to refuse to communicate until you ask them how hard it is to get a wife, how bad the corruption is, insinuate that their friends googled "human rights" whenever they disconnect, etc.

Frankly, I'm surprised they're interested at all in a game that is not blatantly pay2win. Like LoL, although its fanbase will debate you about this until they killed off what little neurons they had left.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 pm

From what I have read Wc3 dota is more popular than DotA 2 and pretty on par with LoL. There seems to be a massive stigma against playing LoL in China if you are a university student.

For us it's just mostly broken English and a lack of any awareness. I had a Medusa this morning who didn't know you could farm the ancients for 20 minutes to get fat, who instead decided feeding their PA was a more appropriate playstyle
Deacon (AYC)

Postby Zeuter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Deacon (AYC) wrote:From what I have read Wc3 dota is more popular than DotA 2 and pretty on par with LoL. There seems to be a massive stigma against playing LoL in China if you are a university student.

For us it's just mostly broken English and a lack of any awareness. I had a Medusa this morning who didn't know you could farm the ancients for 20 minutes to get fat, who instead decided feeding their PA was a more appropriate playstyle

Oh really, do tell where you got that information. I'm intrigued.

As for your game, that's probably the skill bracket you're in. Just get better.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Kaz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Medusa farming the ancients is super predictable though. You'll get killed over and over.
Kaz

Postby Zeuter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Or a support dedicated to blocking the spawn with wards will ruin your day.

Anyway, the bracket in which that strategy works is great fun. You get about 80% wins with Medusa that way because you get guaranteed farm every single game if you don't mess up your stacking.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Zeuter wrote:
Deacon (AYC) wrote:From what I have read Wc3 dota is more popular than DotA 2 and pretty on par with LoL. There seems to be a massive stigma against playing LoL in China if you are a university student.

Oh really, do tell where you got that information. I'm intrigued.

As for your game, that's probably the skill bracket you're in. Just get better.

I honestly think it was something I read on Reddit when they were circlejerking about LoL, but judging by the amount of people who stream DotA 1 on yy.com I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little true.

For me I'm dabbling between normal and high depending on god knows what factor the MMR system has but yeah it seems to work very nicely in normal bracket because people just seem to think that you don't exist until you come out with gear really early and shit on lanes.
Deacon (AYC)

Postby Zeuter » Fri May 09, 2014 4:51 am

simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Cassiel » Fri May 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Lawl. I wonder if the dickbag who "made" (actually just took over from the original creator, then proceeded to ratchet up the suck) Element TD for Frozen Throne will be all butthurt.
Cassiel

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri May 09, 2014 10:59 pm

:lol:
RageAgainstVoid

Previous

Return to The Fast and the Spurious