how do you compare to almost 10 year ago you?

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: how do you compare to almost 10 year ago you?

Postby Nooneyouknow » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Unfortunately, the car I did own free and clear was hit and completely destroyed by an unlicensed teen driving her mothers absurdly large and expensive Lexus SUV. Nothing the Insurance reimbursement could buy (despite it being higher than what was originally paid for my old car) was even remotely worth buying, and as I work entirely on call outside of 3 months of the year, being vehicleless simply wasn't a viable option, especially not in the Modesto area.

Also, I live about 10 miles from my current office. Moving any closer at all would at the bare minimum triple my rent.

That article also doesn't mention the kind of interior damage typically done to older vehicles. My first car was a 93 Thunderbird, engine was in perfect condition, exterior paint was in perfect condition, carpet was spotless. However, every single piece of plastic in the interior was brittle as hell and routinely broke from simply from garaged valley heat exposure, and the car was only 8 years old when I first got it. It also only had 60k miles at that point.
Last edited by Nooneyouknow on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nooneyouknow

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

Nooneyouknow wrote:Holy shit seeing 2013 join dates here is freaky.

Most concurrent users ever online was...
134 on Fri Aug 16, 2013
... about two weeks ago.

Prolly the government checking in on our conspicuous affairs.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby NRJyzr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 pm

gandalf37 wrote:It's now funny that you refer to yourself as "the old guy" NRJ, amongst my friends we're all hitting 30 soonish (some already have) and we talk about how we're getting old now haha.

Well, I *am* the old guy around here.

You think nearing 30 is fun, wait another decade.

You know how parents always make those comments about all the aches that show up in the "middle years?" I always thought it they were trying to be funny, that it was total bullshit.

Sadly, it's not. :|

Oh, note the timely response. It's only three months after yours.
NRJyzr

Location: under the third rock on the left.... no, the other left...

Postby DAN THE SCARY VAMPIRE RAR » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't think it's terribly difficult to be better than one's high school self, but I feel I can say that I've comfortably succeeded there.

The real downside is that I haven't really gotten into a video game in going on 6 years. I do miss the olden days.

...sigh
DAN THE SCARY VAMPIRE RAR

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:03 am

DAN THE SCARY VAMPIRE RAR wrote:...sigh
Attachments
draper 2.jpg
draper 2.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 840 times
Turkey_Slayer

Postby pixie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Cassiel wrote:Still rocking the Etnies visor.

please tell me still.
pixie

Postby pixie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Cassiel wrote:
pix wrote:this terrifies me.

Whatever Beardsley! When are we doing karaoke?

are you still in california?
pixie

Postby pixie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:10 pm

harveymudd wrote:There is no history.
Pix just tries to find every opportunity to throw jabs at me in every possible manner.

I was sick of it before, which is why I stopped visiting this site, and I guess he's still going at it.

He makes threads asking about roger federer or some other bullshit and then puts an arbitrary poll at the top stating "who do you hate more raven, harveymudd, raven, harveymudd."

He asks you all how you're different in the last 10 years, but instead of just asking the question, he finds time to throw in a subtle jab directed at me.

He's made fun of my bankruptcy and debt issues (stay classy man), continuously calls me an idiot and a moron, and has basically succeeded in his own little way to ostracize me completely from this community.

So yes, I am sick of it and I'm tired of being picked on by an immature brat. I could make an announcement here that I have cancer and he would post a thread with a poll taking votes on how long I have to live.

Yes, I'd love to meet him in real life. I'd love to settle some of my issues with him face to face, but I'd probably go to jail as all the rage I have towards him would result in me beating him to death with a pipe wrench. Fortunately this is the internet, and fortunately I never have to meet such a vile passive aggressive pile of shit. What's even more fortunate is I never have to talk about this further as I have the power to never visit or post here again, which I am going to do right now.

Zeuter, you always made me laugh.

hahahahahahahhahahah shit. sorry not sorry i guess. but who does everyone hate more? raven or harvey?
pixie

Postby Cassiel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:44 am

pixie wrote:
Cassiel wrote:Still rocking the Etnies visor.

please tell me still.

pixie wrote:
Cassiel wrote:
pix wrote:this terrifies me.

Whatever Beardsley! When are we doing karaoke?

are you still in california?

Of course x 2.
Cassiel

Previous

Return to The Fast and the Spurious