Diablo 3

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diablo 3

Postby Kaz » Sun May 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Kaz is waiting for his new video card because apparently his current one runs at 90C while idle.

Miss you too Cass.
Kaz

Postby Zeuter » Mon May 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Nooneyouknow wrote:
Zeuter wrote:Inferno A2 wizard. I died 3 times during the first quest and didn't really feel like going on so now I'm playing a monk, but I'm quite certain that I can get to the end. A1 is a breeze though.

Also, the previously thought up mirror image build doesn't work. Casting any spell that generates duplicates removes the duplicates from the previous one. What a shame. :(

I'm sorry.

Oh but it's great fun. I got a bit through A2 with the monk, but Magdha keeps oneshotting me. Farming A1 is easier with him though, rather than with the wizard.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Nooneyouknow » Mon May 28, 2012 8:06 pm

It'll reverse greatly soon enough. Unless you;re a masochist at least.
Nooneyouknow

Postby Mur » Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 am

Still not 60, busy times. Add me if you're in yurop.

Turias#2824
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby Kaz » Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 pm

re: DayZ

This explains why Arma 2 has been mysteriously topping the Steam sales charts.
Kaz

Postby Cassiel » Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 am

Five or six people at my work are going balls-out on DayZ now. I can't bring myself to drop 30 bones on such an old game, though.
Cassiel

Postby Merlin » Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

Especially with Arma III arriving in the next 6 months, and rumors that the DayZ devs want to jump over asap. It looks cool, so I'm gonna check it out with a pirated copy + Tunngle.
Merlin

Postby Zeuter » Thu May 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Nooneyouknow wrote:It'll reverse greatly soon enough. Unless you;re a masochist at least.

Aaaand I'm back to wizard. Act 3 inferno, what fun.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby gandalf37 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 am

gandalf37

Postby Nooneyouknow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Zeuter wrote:
Nooneyouknow wrote:It'll reverse greatly soon enough. Unless you;re a masochist at least.

Aaaand I'm back to wizard. Act 3 inferno, what fun.

Just unlocked inferno tonight, love my wizard. Monk was amazing fun on normal, but just did not hold up starting act 2 nightmare even. I mean, I'll still finish it out to 60, but only because I can just hold onto shit my wizard finds.
Nooneyouknow

Postby Mur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 am

This is laughable. Somebody actually being surprised that Blizzard plot involved cheese? Blizzard do cheese best. They fucking love it. How are you surprised by this. And this is DIABLO. This game has so little plot an episode of teletubbies could give it a run for its money. It hads never been about the plot. That said, the fact you are even talking about some of its merits means that Blizzard have done more than expected, because really, nobody expected a good plot.

This whole article from start to finish was a joke. The author actually justifies why there are some great characters over several paragraphs, and then totally dismisses them in one line. Examples:

Displays why Kulle is a fine character, but OHNO, he occasionally cackles maniacally and has a pun related achievement. As if those two things change anything to do with his role in the plot or his character. Pun achievements will be here for a while, and have NOTHING to do with plot. The idea that someone used an achievement name to belittle a plot is frankly absurd.

Goes onto explain why
Spoiler:
the child prodigy Leah was actually a refreshing twist on the archetype, but OHNO, we didn't whine and emo enough over her death. So what? Doesn't change her character, doesn't change her role in the plot. And then, the author's suggestion to make this better, the same author who is whining about cheese the whole time, is to have their spirits around a campfire. Joke. If the author got his head out of his arse for one second he'd realise that the Leah arc has a good chance of being involved in the expansion anyway.

Raises some good points here and there, we never really get to see Azmodan's 'tactical genius' But how can you given the game's format? We see some sneak attacks, but really, what could have been done. Yes, his dialogue was cheesy.

Cain and Tyrael were both somewhat abandoned, true again. There is actually more in the lore about the angel of wisdom going missing. This could have been covered in act 4 instead of worrying about Hope perhaps.

I'm just going to stop reading things about Diablo 3.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby Zeuter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 am

Nooneyouknow wrote:Just unlocked inferno tonight, love my wizard. Monk was amazing fun on normal, but just did not hold up starting act 2 nightmare even. I mean, I'll still finish it out to 60, but only because I can just hold onto shit my wizard finds.

Really! The first area where my monk started having troubles was inferno A2. And since that's really mostly a gearcheck I just started playing other characters again. Currently in inferno A2 with my witch doctor, zombie bears are awesome.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Nooneyouknow » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:56 pm

It wasn't so much I was having trouble, although I wasn't getting any useable gear drops for shit, but just it quickly became less fun as I had to dump abilities I liked for ones I didn't. Since my wizard is 60 now, I'm gonna finish the monk off, went from 46-49 and a half in about 45 minutes, 4 clears of nightmare Whimsyshire. The experience is stupid high there. Socketing Amethysts in weapons now instead of rubies, how silly of me to think damage would be better than life on hit.
Nooneyouknow

Postby Mur » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 am

Sure is frustrating when random drops fail on you. I dont like using the AH too much though, as it just doesn't feel like I've earned the item and is less personal. I like to know that my axe (270 vit :mrgreen: ) came from 'those cunts with desecrator jailer mortar'.

Even trading in D2 was a more personal system. The Y you got was traded for your old trusty X. Instead of just "I bought this at the AH by searching for the stats I wanted".

It's all a bit too systematic.

Better to play with friends, that way chances are whatever you find will be useful for one of you.

Just started act 2 inferno, it is horrific. I'm tanking full champ packs in act 1, meanwhile in act 2 a single fallen 2shots me. All of my why.
More like murlurk.
Mur

Postby Zeuter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah, because sitting in chat channels spamming the stats you needed was fun. :P

Currently DH in A3 inferno, DHs are -ridiculously- overpowered. No other class comes even close.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby GraveI » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 pm

I actually hate my DH. Dying in one shot to everything is not fun. Making a kiting barb for inferno.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby bdnakathelakaflammab » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:30 am

Grav, I have been stockpiling gear for your ass. I just never see you on. Got a legendary level 59 x-bow to give you for the lulz.
bdnakathelakaflammab

Postby GraveI » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I told you I got a second job didn't I? I work all the days. This weekend is our music festival that we are throwing. Wont be around at all either :(.
I said, YEAH BABY YEAH, I am the evil Midnight Bomber what bombs things at midnight!
GraveI

Postby Cassiel » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Good job Blizzard. You pissed off God-knows-how-many-people with forced online play to prevent piracy and local server emulation is already out.
Cassiel

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:19 pm

My DH is squishy as fuck but I guess that's normal? Kaz # 1652
Kaz

Postby Zeuter » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Spoiler:
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby RibbuM » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Hopefully the next patch makes this game a little more enjoyable.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby Kaz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I guess this is why I die all the fucking time:

You cannot dodge an enemy that has started its attack animation. Blizzard said this is on purpose.
Kaz

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 am

Kaz wrote:I guess this is why I die all the fucking time:

You cannot dodge an enemy that has started its attack animation.

Blizzard said this is on purpose.

Sounds dodgy. Funny how ultimately all design of this game traces back to either piracy prevention or real money auction house. Because most of all you must not be able to dodge the acquisition of the real items for too long. And here we thought increased emphasis of equipment for hero definition was meant for a better game. It is. But not towards the purpose of better play.
Wut ohne Ziel. Wut ohne Folgen.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Nooneyouknow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 am

You can't dodge normal attacks that have started, big wind up shit yeah, you can and are meant to.

Melee Critical Mass wizard builds are fucking fun as shit to play. There's just nothing so hilarious as meleeing on inferno with 11k health.
Nooneyouknow

PreviousNext

Return to The Fast and the Spurious