Legendary Fall Out

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Legendary Fall Out

Postby theboogleman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:50 pm

ARAM is where it's at. It's relaxed, you can try new different builds and have fun.
theboogleman

Postby Fledermaus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm

But there's no jungle :c
ImageImageImageImage
Fledermaus

Postby theboogleman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 pm

There's some bushes! Who needs the jungle when you fight all the time anyway?
theboogleman

Postby Deacon (AYC) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 am

New ARAM map is really neat, I'm glad they did something with the Proving Grounds besides a tutorial I'm sure people even at level 30 haven't ever touched.
HOSK CLAN: CLAN HOSK
Deacon (AYC)

Postby gandalf37 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 pm

gandalf37

Postby theboogleman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm

bump
theboogleman

Postby Zeuter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

I play DotA2 now. (sorry)

In fact I haven't touched LoL in 2 years? Maybe more.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Kaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Isn't dota2 the same fucking thing as dota, complete with a similarly toxic community?
Kaz

Postby Zeuter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Worse! Russians migrate to the Europe server en masse because they don't want to play with Russians.

Though - I practically only play with teams that only consist of friends, and being able to do that with ease is something the original lacked.

Other than that it's the same old terrible game mechanics. But we somehow manage to have fun.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby Kaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Well yeah. It's like watching a bad movie with friends.
Kaz

Postby theboogleman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Doing anything with the right bunch of people can be cool.

I've been playing LoL more recently, finally have stable internet. Might try doing ranked properly.
theboogleman

Postby Kaz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I remember playing dota with you! Do you no longer live in the bush?
Kaz

Postby Ryzel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm RyzelRapscallion on LoL if anyone wants to add me. I've also got Dota2. Kaz do I have you on Steam? We need to do HotS together when it comes out.
Ryzel

Postby theboogleman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Kaz wrote:I remember playing dota with you! Do you no longer live in the bush?

No bush for me, I was just always in a fucked up situation with internet.
theboogleman

Postby RibbuM » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 am

I've been playing a bit of dota 2 in recent times. None of my real life friends seem to want to play league of legends and game makers don't seem to want to make an AOS closer to TOB, so I guess this is what I'm stuck with if I want to play this genre.

I mean it's still just a bunch of retarded agility heroes getting godly items but at least the matchmaking is nice and being able to play bots helped me learn the 800 heroes in the game without listening to a bunch of crybabies.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, whatever works for ya, it's all just fun and games.

We once talked about that, if Dota2 had good mod support it may end up worth something.

Also, SC2 HotS looking good feature wise, the way it should have been from the beginning.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby Zeuter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am

RibbuM wrote:I mean it's still just a bunch of retarded agility heroes getting godly items but at least the matchmaking is nice and being able to play bots helped me learn the 800 heroes in the game without listening to a bunch of crybabies.

Oh? Out of the two bot games I've played, I've had Russian children scream in my ears both times. This game makes me hate Russians in general - that's bad.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

Postby RibbuM » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 am

That's why you turn down in game voice chat volumes to near mute, Zeut!

Yeah, it sucks playing with a bunch of people that don't speak my language. You can do a practice game vs bots now with bot teammates and just screw around or whatever.

I didn't play a lot of dota 1 back in the wc3 days so I had to refresh myself of the 20 or so heroes I had tried about 8 or 9 years ago in addition to learning the other near 80 of them.

Of course even playing with randoms against bots I had people going "LMAO YOU DIDNT MAX OUT LIGHT STRIKE ARRAY FIRST, LINA"

RAV - Do any of these games have mod support? It seems like Blizz missed out on a gold mine by not capitalizing on the popularity of this genre that was developed within their own games and now no other developers are going to let modders steal their thunder.
RibbuM
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER
BIGGEST YANKEES FAN EVER

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah, no, little modding going on, and less welcome than ever. The free spirited creativity of customers is felt threatening competition to the F2P/DLC business. I'd make a case for indirect benifits in long term, like better sales of core game with better modding, but truth be told, it may very well be that in raw numbers it cannot measure up anywhere near income of DLC in shut off models anymore. Today's popular consumer mindset goes well with maximizing profit like that.

I'd shed a tear, if I still cared beyond good memories. But fortunately, modding is also less necessary than ever to get good stuff going. Tbh, making mods always kinda sucked everywhere. At it's best, it let's you do critical changes with littlest effort--that's nice in theory, but practically all too often that's not really how it ends up working, because it never has been supported enough, and maybe it can't really be supported enough, in a conflict of development attitudes and interests. You always end up fighting handholds, roughing it up until you could have had it easier and funner standalone. Ideally, the value of modding is more in an enjoyable progression curve of learning in a certain scope, when you realize how far to go before you quit in time and move on to the next "league" of development, then it's been worth it for what it's worth.
Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Unless it's a labour of love. When you love the game, you will extend, costumize and maintain it, against the odds, and in pride of odds. Dat's great, do what yo love, mon, an be happy, no better reason, don hurt nobody. Mod or not, mebby rebirth an old soul into a new life on another world.

They got a Steam Workshop page for Dota2. I'd say cool, if it wouldn't say "submit for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game". Well, how nice of you! Looking into Saving us from unsavory mods, and to deliver us from nasty urges to reproduce! Gate it fit for f2p, good old school.

"Let me bang, bro!" "Let me bang, bro!!!" *cries tears*
"I let you bang, bro." "I let you bang, bro..." *hold hug*
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Someone enlighten me how that really works. Can you just install all that stuff and play with it right away as you please, like you can do on the NS2 Workshop page? Also, is that just model mods, or real stuff with abilities. Is there real gameplay mods planned too? Are there just the official server farms running, or can you start up your own custom game servers? That'd be nice, and "consideration for inclusion" of your mod into main game unneccessary then, just a nice bonus. But if all there is to mod is to switch out a model, or even that only when benevolently granted, well, then Blizzard's mapping would look genius compared to what Valve has descended to on modding. I must admit, I had some hope left for Valve, that they'd "show them how's it done" (ugh&yuck, what am I saying...), but, well, at least they support modding of other people's games now.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby Cassiel » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

RibbuM wrote:RAV - Do any of these games have mod support? It seems like Blizz missed out on a gold mine by not capitalizing on the popularity of this genre that was developed within their own games and now no other developers are going to let modders steal their thunder.

Let's not mince words: Blizzard completely and utterly shit the bed. Has Blizzard Allstars even been released yet?
Cassiel

Postby Tirion » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Tirion

Postby Turkey_Slayer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm

That's terrible and the game is going to be terrible.
Turkey_Slayer

Postby Zeuter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 pm

RageAgainstVoid wrote:Yeah, no, little modding going on, and less welcome than ever. The free spirited creativity of customers is felt threatening competition to the F2P/DLC business. I'd make a case for indirect benifits in long term, like better sales of core game with better modding, but truth be told, it may very well be that in raw numbers it cannot measure up anywhere near income of DLC in shut off models anymore. Today's popular consumer mindset goes well with maximizing profit like that.

I'd shed a tear, if I still cared beyond good memories. But fortunately, modding is also less necessary than ever to get good stuff going.

I'm tempted to believe that those who would have been modders today, are now instead exactly those F2P developers. It is easier than ever to develop and distribute a game, and turning a profit while doing so is every budding game developer's dream.

However, they do not have access to the vast amount of resources already presented by something like the WC3 engine: hundreds of models, spell effects, tilesets etc. I wonder whether there will ever be some kind of revival in a far, far future, where all of a sudden the copyright on thousands of games will expire, along with all the models/textures entombed within them.
simply
it is enough to
your task is simple;
just
all you need is to
Zeuter

PreviousNext

Return to The Fast and the Spurious