Temptation and Deliverance

Off-topic forum which is now, paradoxically, the on-topic forum. Any on-topic posts will be moved to the off-topic forum and verse-vica.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Temptation and Deliverance

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid
More like Rage Against Roids/Rrhoids

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Nein, nein, nein! Do not be so little! When I say answer it, I mean respond to it, to Them.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:59 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:56 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:58 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 am

For those wondering why Buakaw just froze at the end and went down in a strange way... the documentary for the event gives insight on what went wrong: https://youtu.be/mQhgZMhHWFY?t=7m29s Basically, Buakaw was using too much of his energy trying to knock Sato out, which made him vulnerable to Sato's knees, and was hurt to the body. Sato did not allow Buakaw to recover and catch his breath. After the final knee, Buakaw's body stiffens up; he is able to react and brace himself for the punch, but can no longer summon the energy to even defend himself anymore, and is forced to go down out of self-preservation. Knees can kill cardio, even if blocked, it will force the air out of your lungs and disrupts your breathing rate. If caught while breathing in, it can even cause your diaphragm muscle to spasm/paralyze (what's called "getting the wind knocked out of you"); when you're tired and the body's demand for oxygen increases, so does the likelihood of it happening in a fight. For those with trained eyes, however, you may have been able to tell that something looked wrong with Buakaw even from the beginning of the fight: He's not well-grounded, appears to be off his center of gravity, his movements look jaded, and is already breathing deeply at the end of the 1st round from what was relatively minimal exertion. There's little doubt in my mind that he was overtrained. And if you look further into Buakaw's situation and history at Por Pramuk Gym, it's not surprising why. Por Pramuk Gym's training regiment was harsh and excessive even by Thai standards. Since Buakaw was around 15 years old, he was under this strict training schedule 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, consisting of: an early morning 12 km run, an 8 km afternoon run, sparring/clinching work, padwork, heavybag work, strength conditioning exercises, shadowboxing, with a 6 hr break in between and only 2 meals a day... which doesn't afford much time for recovery, and when compounded with fighting multiple times a year, travelling, injuries, media obligations, etc., it seems inevitable you'd reach your physical limit. At this point in his career, Buakaw was in a bit of slump, although he won against Faldir Chahbari and Albert Kraus by decision, 3 months before this fight with Sato, his performance was lacking much due to the aforementioned observations above (some would even argue Kraus won the decision). In a fairly recent interview with Buakaw's manager and physical therapist, Teerawat, he revealed as early as 2008, Buakaw told him in private that he wanted to retire as he was in chronic pain due to injuries. His advice to Buakaw at the time was that he should hang in there, but "Don't overtrain"; the article doesn't indicate whether this occurred before or after his KO loss to Sato: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/buakaw-b ... -celebrity In 2012, Teerawat departed from Por Pramuk Gym after the owner's son took over management, which triggered Buakaw to get away from Por Pramuk Gym and go into hiding. After resurfacing, he brought to light that he wanted to retire for a long time but that Por Pramuk would not allow him to, and that they were abusing him physically and mentally; forcing him to train even when he was sick. I found anecdotal evidence for this in the comments of a Youtube video of his fight with Chahbari (the fight before his loss to Sato) by the user "Lemurai"; who had a friend training at Por Pramuk Gym at the time basically confirming this fact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ_dck9gLp4 "Man I don't know... My training partner just got back from por pramuk gym and he told me the guy was acting lethargic in his training, and that his coach has been fussing at him lately for being lazy. He don't know whats wrong with Buakaw!? Maybe he tired most Thais do become lethargic after 25 it's just the fight game man it wears on you after a while. Hard training takes a toll on your mind and body." So the signs were always there, evidently. When you're overtrained, the body is committing its resources to recuperation, your energy is directed inward, so you're not going to have as much for prolonged, rigorous activity, you're not going to be able to move as fast or hit as hard. Sato affirms this after the fight, saying that Buakaw's strikes didn't do any damage to him; there was no power behind them. The power for your strikes comes from drawing energy from the ground in coordination with your center of gravity, and Buakaw was not well-grounded. This is not taking anything away from Sato's accomplishment, as other fighters that fought him in similar condition could not do the same. It was largely due to Sato's style and physical advantages that Buakaw opted to fight him the way he did, where he'd normally be more conservative of his energy. Sato was able to find an opening for his knees and capitalized on it, pressuring Buakaw to a point where he couldn't physically take anything out of his body anymore. The lesson to take from this is to not overtrain, find a balance between training and recovery, and always be efficient with your energy. Do not get reckless and underestimate your opponent thinking he'll just go down with one punch either, or it may be you that goes down instead.
RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:05 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:36 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:06 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:28 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:04 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:56 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:28 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:25 am

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 pm

RageAgainstVoid

Postby RageAgainstVoid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:49 am

RageAgainstVoid

PreviousNext

Return to The Fast and the Spurious